Drought over? Lake Oroville flowing over emergency spillway for first time ever...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
it was crazy, I spend 3-4 weeks in the Bay area every year and have since the late 90's and I've never had it rain more than a day, 2 at most and it is usually just a drizzle.
Not being snide but - are you usually there this same time of year?

I only ask because it's not uncommon for the northern half to go with 1-2 total rains from April through October but then it gets lushy green REAL fast because of all the rain.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Not being snide but - are you usually there this same time of year?

I only ask because it's not uncommon for the northern half to go with 1-2 total rains from April through October but then it gets lushy green REAL fast because of all the rain.
no it varries though I am almost always there in Late January and Early February due to beginning of the year stuff, sales kick-offs and product launches. Doesn't matter what company

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Yeah. It's actually not the dam but the emergency spillway which has been eroded at its base by overflow. The main spillway is lined but developed a big hole so they slowed the flow there. They had to open that back up to 100,000cfs and that has taken some pressure off the emergency spillway. Thankfully it hasn't gone yet and may not if luck holds out. My cousin is a little further downriver and has already evacuated.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah. It's actually not the dam but the emergency spillway which has been eroded at its base by overflow. The main spillway is lined but developed a big hole so they slowed the flow there. They had to open that back up to 100,000cfs and that has taken some pressure off the emergency spillway. Thankfully it hasn't gone yet and may not if luck holds out. My cousin is a little further downriver and has already evacuated.
Hm it seems they backed off the earlier accountt. There was a reported concern that the damaged spillway would basically give way much more quickly than first predicted thereby heavily increasing the outflow. Seems that was a mistake now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.