Bama hosting uk

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
These guys need group therapy about the "free" throw line. Also, AJ really needs to improve his touch at the rim either for layups or the little floater. He's left a ton of points on the court this year after doing the hard work of driving in.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
You can't get halfway down the lane and have no plan for the ball - need to either go hard to the bucket and at least try to get a foul...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Dazon needs to sit for awhile and regroup.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I just can't believe that FT shooting and practice are being emphasized. It won't get done if it's not mandated. Kids just won't do it, too boring. There's no excuse for this poor a performance...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I just can't believe that FT shooting and practice are being emphasized. It won't get done if it's not mandated. Kids just won't do it, too boring. There's no excuse for this poor a performance...
I know a few weeks ago they had to run after every miss during practice. Guessing that's still the case.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Kids are different now a days. So different from just when I graduated HS 17 years ago. I am a basketball coach and it has been very difficult the last few years to get Jr High and HS kids to focus on practicing FT's. I actually started playing music that they like at practice while we are shooting FT's. It actually helped and we shot FT's better than we had in the last 3 seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Kids are different now a days. So different from just when I graduated HS 17 years ago. I am a basketball coach and it has been very difficult the last few years to get Jr High and HS kids to focus on practicing FT's. I actually started playing music that they like at practice while we are shooting FT's. It actually helped and we shot FT's better than we had in the last 3 seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a great idea...

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
It's amazingly sad. I once watched a 60 year old man make 50 straight FTs without a miss. No excuse really.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I know a few weeks ago they had to run after every miss during practice. Guessing that's still the case.
This is not the right approach with a team this bad. You could easily overrun them which the players know which therefore undermines the value of the deterrent.

Coach need to come up with some incentive to get the players challenged to improve their FT shooting. Because whatever he is doing is not working.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.