Bama hosting uk

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Wow dazon is totally out of his game today...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I've heard Raferty make at least two comments alluding to the officials making bad calls in favor of UK. Shows how bad they are.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
So you think it's just that they don't have the ability?
Not RTR... but FT's are never a talent thing if you can even remotely play basketball well at any level imho. It's about repetitive practice, technique to a degree, and mostly concentration.

I played Basketball from 6th through 12th grade as a Guard. I was a pretty good shooter from the field and very good at passing but my balls skills/dribbling and speed etc weren't great and that's why I never could translate to college and why I played SG more than PG. BUT....

I was excellent at FT's. It's not because I had this great talent either. I practiced them religiously because that's how I could get most of my points to help out the team other than some one else getting me open shots. I was never worse that 80-85%. Most of the time I could consistently make 9/10.

That 1 or 2 I missed was always because I let my mind drift for a second or 'over thought' the shot. So basically I would try to dribble until my mind was clear and create a repetitive routine at the line. Just focus and let the muscle memory take over.

There is NO reason the Guards and Forwards at the College level can't be at least 80% FT shooters consistently. They are losing focus or not practicing enough. The only players that have an excuse for being under 80% are really tall Forwards or Centers. They are so tall it's hard to have the right arc on the ball without hitting the rim a lot.

Last edited:

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Why is it that we always seem to get UK when they are coming off of a loss of a string of loses and they have to "find themselves" against us?

Also, we panic way too much. When we get stuck we just toss it up for grabs way too much. We are better off taking the 5 sec call and setting up our half court D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
I'm no expert, but in my junior high/partial high school career, I feel entitled since I was a better free throw than at least 80% of this team, but the risk/reward "you'll have to run if you miss" strategy just doesn't work. It creates added stress and inhibits even more. Free throw shooting is a philosphy combined with memorized mechanics based on hundreds if not thousands of practice shots throughout a season from the strike. "How do I hold my head, how many times do I bounce, what do my knees/wrist feel like when I let go?" Those are all questions each player has to answer for himself and believe it. They won't get much better unless they take the initiative to go to the gym themselves and commit to it.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Heard the Kentucky players ragging on Norris calling him "white boy", looked like it sparked him a bit

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.