TPD: Lester Cotton Arrested Friday Night on Drug Charges

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Weed has a very strong smell to those who don't use it. So in the confines of a car it is very apparent if he had just lit it up.
Yep! It sure does. I've NEVER used it, but just passing anyone in a hallway, etc. it is a gross smell to me. I can see how police officers who don't use it can smell it when someone rolls down their window to speak to the officer.

To me it's a gross, nasty smell. By the way I don't like the smell of cigarettes either, but the smell of weed is easy to distinguish.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I don't condone drinking or smoking pot or doing drugs but there are worse things, much worse. Pot has no good usefulness around football. Such a simple thing as forgetting the snap count or forgetting a play can end up causing you to lose a game.
Are you suggesting Cam Robinson was smoking weed before the Clemson game?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Generally in Alabama if it's a small amount you get a ticket with a court date instead of them wasting the time taking you to jail and bonding out etc. Had someone I know that got busted before Christmas with a small amount and that's what happened in a college town as well.

Chances are Lester will file youthful offender and this charge will disappear after some court costs, etc.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Maybe we should just have one big long continuous thread for when a player gets busted for minor pot possession. It seems to produce the same comments every time.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I'm always amazed that an officer can smell such small amounts of weed when they pullover a car.
Typically, it's the odor that is in the car after smoking, similar to how you can smell cigarette smoke on a smoker when they return from a smoke break. However, marijuana does have a distinct, string odor that a person can detect even if it hasn't been smoked.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Generally in Alabama if it's a small amount you get a ticket with a court date instead of them wasting the time taking you to jail and bonding out etc. Had someone I know that got busted before Christmas with a small amount and that's what happened in a college town as well.

Chances are Lester will file youthful offender and this charge will disappear after some court costs, etc.
That's not how the law works in Alabama. In other states, yes, a misdemeanor citation can be issued, similar to a traffic ticket. In Alabama, the only mechanisms are an arrest warrant or an on-view arrest.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.