Link: The biology of political differences. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The biology of political differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    so open up the borders, let the ban end and give up your guns. Since you are afraid of nothing, shouldn't be an issue
    Come get em.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    modern conservatism (the past 15-30 years) seems to be primarily based on fear, resentment and the resulting outrage.
    In the past 15 - 30 years liberals have been forcing people to invite all kinds of stuff into our lives. I for one don't care what people do in their bedroom or who they marry but I don't need their advice or help on telling my children what is right or wrong. I do care about people breaking the law. I was taught to respect the law and not to break it unless I was willing to pay the price. My parents told us point blank if we did something to earn jail time not to expect a visit from them. The borders are open for LEGAL immigration. Illegals deserve to get out or pay whatever penalty the law dictates. If you want that to change elect representation to congress to change the law. It's nothing personal against anyone but if you start putting up with law breakers you're back to the old west. I don't want that but I can handle it if they can.

Quote Originally Posted by LA4Bama View Post
    if true, it would give us a way to cooperate.
    You must be new here.

yes, i remember well the chaos of the past 8 years as well as that of the 90s

modern conservatism (the past 15-30 years) seems to be primarily based on fear, resentment and the resulting outrage.
    Sounds exactly like the left today. Oh, I know, they are justified.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Scientifically speaking Conservatives are scared of everything. Did they need a study to prove that?
    I'm not afraid of President Trump...

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Yes just like modern liberalism, which I would date back much further than 15-30 years, seems to be based primarily on a monstrous government with far reaching control, massive entitlements, and the resulting economic chaos.
    ...and resentment over what others have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    I'm not afraid of President Trump...
    LOL! Whistling past the graveyard...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bama_wayne1 View Post
    In the past 15 - 30 years liberals have been forcing people to invite all kinds of stuff into our lives. I for one don't care what people do in their bedroom or who they marry but I don't need their advice or help on telling my children what is right or wrong. I do care about people breaking the law. I was taught to respect the law and not to break it unless I was willing to pay the price. My parents told us point blank if we did something to earn jail time not to expect a visit from them. The borders are open for LEGAL immigration. Illegals deserve to get out or pay whatever penalty the law dictates. If you want that to change elect representation to congress to change the law. It's nothing personal against anyone but if you start putting up with law breakers you're back to the old west. I don't want that but I can handle it if they can.
    you must pay a lot more attention to other folks' sex lives than i do.
    Last edited by 92tide; February 13th, 2017 at 07:10 PM.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    Sounds exactly like the left today. Oh, I know, they are justified.
    to be fair, they're not the ones afraid that transvestites are going to stalk their women in public restrooms
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

to be fair, they're not the ones afraid that transvestites are going to stalk their women in public restrooms
    I think most conservatives actually just find it silly to cater to their mental illness.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 17-Time World Champions: 2015, 2014 (99.65), 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, & 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    I think most conservatives actually just find it silly to cater to their mental illness.
    an equally douchey position imho

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    You must be new here.
    LOL. No I wasn't speaking specifically about this message board, I was thinking of a happier future long after we are no more. But besides, this forum doesn't need any help with cooperation; it's already got a well established functional complementarity, like feet marching: ...left right left right left right...