Link: The biology of political differences. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Re: The biology of political differences.

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    I'm a democrat and a liberal although not a member of the nutbag left, and Trump is very scary to me. It's not so much about his political views as it is I think he will come unhinged and make a really stupid decision in the future.
    Trump is frightening to me, too - that doesn't justify the pouty behavior and property destruction that began the very next day - and probably by a lot of people that didn't vote.

As I've said, I know at least one conservative who advocated Hillary publicly for months and who justified it with, "She's corrupt, but he's nuts - and I can live with corrupt over nuts."

That has little to do with the OP, of course, but a lot of us are afraid of this dude.
    The first rule of Tidefans interactions - Selma does not use Google; Google uses Selma

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HartselleTider View Post
    I don't think he did. He can come get mine too. I wouldn't need 'em to keep it from happening. He's just another alt-lefter that likes to keep a smart mouth on the internet all day everyday.

What about you? Do you lock your doors and windows at night?
    Jon is an alt-lefter????

My Gawd, that's news to me.....
    The first rule of Tidefans interactions - Selma does not use Google; Google uses Selma

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    alt-left? That's a new one, what's that? A stalinist marxist since they fought the Nazi's and now the Alt-right?

Yeah, to answer your question, of course I do. I also have guns and believe all Americans have to right to own them. But I also made no BS Claims that "I Fear nothing" I have many perfectly rational fears as all normal humans do. Though I don't fear Mexicans even though there are plenty around here and know that my odds of being killed by a refugee are 1 in 3.6 Billion so I don't really fear them either. And I also don't want to spend billions or hundreds of billions to protect myself from insane irrational crap like most of the chicken-crap that most of the Right seems to be terrified of.

Why do you lock your doors every night? Is it because you hate everybody outside or because you love the people inside?

BamaNation All-American bama_wayne1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    I think you just proved Jon's point.
    That proves I'm afraid? I think we would have to do that one face to face. I guess I could get scared, but it hasn't happened in over 50 years. Why are you people afraid to have laws enforced and have law abiding citizen that are armed. The only people that need to be afraid of my weapons are people that try to harm me or my loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by HartselleTider View Post
    Why do you lock your doors every night? Is it because you hate everybody outside or because you love the people inside?
    what does that have to do with anything? I lock my doors for the same reason everyone does, it is safer to have them locked than not. It has nothing to do with hate or love and it is a perfectly rational thing to do. Unlike building 21 Billion dollar walls that will solve no problems and bans on travel for brown people that believe different fiction from the majority of our country based on completely irrational fears. And there is the difference. Rational fears are fine. Get it? Same reason I don't fear getting killed by a Tiger in my yard, that would be irrational as would fearing a refugee or being attacked by a trans person in a bathroom
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by bama_wayne1 View Post
    That proves I'm afraid? I think we would have to do that one face to face. I guess I could get scared, but it hasn't happened in over 50 years. Why are you people afraid to have laws enforced and have law abiding citizen that are armed. The only people that need to be afraid of my weapons are people that try to harm me or my loved ones.
    still not getting it, and keep your guns and I will keep mine. Totally fine by me
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    rational fears are rational
    LOL! Of course.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon