Ten Alabama Players Invited to NFL Combine

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Combine measurements started yesterday. Going to update this list with measurements of Bama players compared to what UA listed:

OJ - 6-5 3/4, 251 pounds (6'6, 251)
Cam Rob - 6'6, 322 pounds (6'6, 310)
Ardarius - 5'11, 204 pounds (6'1, 204)
Jon - 6'2 5/8, 286 pounds (6'3, 291)
Ryan - 6-2, 253 pounds (6'2, 253)
Reuben - 6'0, 229 pounds (6'1, 228)
Marlon - 6'0 1/4, 197 pounds (6'1, 196)
Eddie - 6'0 3/8, 201 pounds (6'0, 194)
Dalvin - 6'3, 310 pounds (6'3, 305)
Tim - 6-2 7/8, 244 pounds (6'4, 252)
List is complete after the DBs were measured today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Of course it's Foster's fault. Never said otherwise. But it's not a good look for medical staff telling a player "yea, hit me. Hit me. Come on do it." Again, Foster was in the wrong but that's an immature response by the medical staff. There's a difference between acting professional and coddling. Foster certainly didn't act professional but the medical employee shouldn't get a pass for how he handled it..
If a man threatened to put his hands on me, I would have said the same thing. Foster needs to humble himself.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I hope Reuben gets some PR help from his agent or somebody else. This isn't a good way to address the situation..

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Of course it's Foster's fault. Never said otherwise. But it's not a good look for medical staff telling a player "yea, hit me. Hit me. Come on do it." Again, Foster was in the wrong but that's an immature response by the medical staff. There's a difference between acting professional and coddling. Foster certainly didn't act professional but the medical employee shouldn't get a pass for how he handled it..
Somehow I think we are only hearing part of the story with even the little we know. These medical personnel should know all of these players are on edge. These evaluations literally mean millions and many times an opportunity to make any sort of living at all for themselves and family. The last thing needed here is a mouthy medical staffer antagonizing up on these guys. To me this is sort of like working at the country club where putting up with a member's ego just comes with the job where your primary expectation is to keep your mouth shut be respectful at all times and do your job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
Somehow I think we are only hearing part of the story with even the little we know. These medical personnel should know all of these players are on edge. These evaluations literally mean millions and many times an opportunity to make any sort of living at all for themselves and family. The last thing needed here is a mouthy medical staffer antagonizing up on these guys. To me this is sort of like working at the country club where putting up with a member's ego just comes with the job where your primary expectation is to keep your mouth shut be respectful at all times and do your job.
I have to wonder about the judgment of anyone who would allow themselves to be drawn into a "heated discussion" with Reuben Foster.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I have to wonder about the judgment of anyone who would allow themselves to be drawn into a "heated discussion" with Reuben Foster.
Working in healthcare can be frustrating sometimes, to the point that you stop putting up with anyone's crap.

An example. My dad works triage at night in an ER in the eastern greater b'ham area. He's the one that has gets the heat about wait times from patients in the waiting room (He's also 6'5 and 250 pounds and, in spite of turning 60 here in a few weeks, the "intimidation factor" if a patient is/thinks about getting violent). His cynicism after doing this for nearly 40 years is a sight to behold. Nice to you if you're nice to him, but start getting stupid and he will snark back. (You wait like everyone else. I understand your X hurts. We can't help that this critically injured gunshot victim/MI/car crash trauma blew this place up and unfortunately extended your wait.)

He can't stand the higher ups with all their complaints about customer satisfaction surveys and wait times. He once told me he snapped on them one morning (these are his bosses) after a long and busy night where they ran out of beds in the ER again (this happens most nights, he often has to sleep patients in the ER), pointing out that Carraway shut down, Trinity moved to 280 and UAB and the downtown hospitals are always on divert, therefore everything on the east of town comes to them whether they like it or not. They avoid talking to him about that stuff now. :D

I guarantee you if Foster had gotten up in his face about wait times and pulled the "do you know who I am?" card, he would have laughed right in it. Love my dad. He doesn't put up with anyone's crap.

(Man, that's a lot of parentheses.)

Last edited:

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Working in healthcare can be frustrating sometimes, to the point that you stop putting up with anyone's crap.

An example. My dad works triage at night in an ER in the eastern greater b'ham area. He's the one that has gets the heat about wait times from patients in the waiting room (He's also 6'5 and 250 pounds and, in spite of turning 60 here in a few weeks, the "intimidation factor" if a patient is/thinks about getting violent). His cynicism after doing this for nearly 40 years is a sight to behold. Nice to you if you're nice to him, but start getting stupid and he will snark back. (You wait like everyone else. I understand your X hurts. We can't help that this critically injured gunshot victim/MI/car crash trauma blew this place up and unfortunately extended your wait.)

He can't stand the higher ups with all their complaints about customer satisfaction surveys and wait times. He once told me he snapped on them one morning (these are his bosses) after a long and busy night where they ran out of beds in the ER again (this happens most nights, he often has to sleep patients in the ER), pointing out that Carraway shut down, Trinity moved to 280 and UAB and the downtown hospitals are always on divert, therefore everything on the east of town comes to them whether they like it or not. They avoid talking to him about that stuff now. :D

I guarantee you if Foster had gotten up in his face about wait times and pulled the "do you know who I am?" card, he would have laughed in his face. Love my dad. He doesn't put up with anyone's crap.

(Man, that's a lot of parentheses.)
I completely understand the stresses. However the players weren't being treated in the ER. This was supposed to be a professional environment. Even though RF lost his cool when he should not have this is not a good look for the NFL for one of their premier events of the year.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
A. Stewart at the Combine

4.49 40 and balls throw behind him caught in the drills, solidified a top 100 pick.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

I'm assuming you've never worked in medicine. they are pretty on edge too.

I work on a behavioral health unit and while staff can make things worse it sounds like foster was the aggressor here. From what has been speculated anyway.

I don't think it hurts him too much. Aggression is sort of part of the job at that position

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.