Ten Alabama Players Invited to NFL Combine

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I can't look it up right now but Chuck Oliver tweeted a link from a former combine official who said this was a screwup on everyone's part, and that the NFL could have avoided all of it.

Worth seeking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
These medical personnel should know all of these players are on edge. These evaluations literally mean millions and many times an opportunity to make any sort of living at all for themselves and family. The last thing needed here is a mouthy medical staffer antagonizing up on these guys. To me this is sort of like working at the country club where putting up with a member's ego just comes with the job where your primary expectation is to keep your mouth shut be respectful at all times and do your job.
OR . . . the last thing he should have done was lose his cool during, basically, a job interview. If it means millions to him, then he should act like it.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
OR . . . the last thing he should have done was lose his cool during, basically, a job interview. If it means millions to him, then he should act like it.
See, I disagree with this. We were not there. We do not know where/how he felt like he was being jerked around. I have walked out of job interviews before. I get that there is only one NFL, but if you feel like you are being treated poorly, you should speak up. Sounds like he had his fill and decided to do that. Also sounds like the NFL sees their responsibility in this.

I suspect that his real "interview" is his film. I think that he will be fine, and no less respected for this happening.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
See, I disagree with this. We were not there. We do not know where/how he felt like he was being jerked around. I have walked out of job interviews before. I get that there is only one NFL, but if you feel like you are being treated poorly, you should speak up. Sounds like he had his fill and decided to do that. Also sounds like the NFL sees their responsibility in this.

I suspect that his real "interview" is his film. I think that he will be fine, and no less respected for this happening.
We can agree to disagree. One can speak up and still be respectful, regardless of the circumstances.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I married into a family with a lot of doctors and intellectuals. Though doctors and others in the medical profession in general are in a different profession than a professional athlete. They to very often have huge egos and like to let you know how important they are. This guy saying "Do it" tells me a lot. Either way, this does not excuse RF's actions. Just because someone maybe throwing around an ego and some authority doesn't excuse his behavior. Be the bigger person RF.

The male nurse should have never said "do it."

That said, RF was wrong.

Last edited:

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I married into a family with a lot of doctors and intellectuals. Though doctors and others in the medical profession in general are in a different profession than a professional athlete. They to very often have huge egos and like to let you know how important they are. This guy saying "Do it" tells me a lot. Either way, this does not excuse RF's actions. Just because someone maybe throwing around an ego and some authority doesn't excuse his behavior. Be the bigger person RF.
And of course combine officials should have never let this escalate.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
And of course combine officials should have never let this escalate.

This is the point. You don't send home a top 15 guy (or any other for that matter) because of a verbal altercation that could have been avoided. TBH, I think I would have done the same thing if in the same situation and would not have taken kindly to a medical employee acting like he was untouchable. Hopefully both Reuben, the employee and the NFL learned a lesson.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I work with a young man that is a Colts fan and he is PRAYING this hiccup slides RF to them at #15. I just don't think it will.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.