Ten Alabama Players Invited to NFL Combine

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
ESPN's Adam Caplan reporting Reuben won't participate in drills at the combine because he recently underwent right rotator cuff surgery.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The entire Big 12 had 18 players invited. That's an indication of how weak that conference is.
Texas will right its ship at some point, but the fact is that the Big 12's recruiting grounds are routinely raided these days by the SEC and others. I'm not sure how much of a difference Texas fixing itself will make. Likely, it will just mean some other Big 12 program, like TCU, will tumble back to the basement.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Not sure about the combine but Kiper (I know, I know) says EJ is a 3rd or 4th round guy with upside thanks to his punt return ability.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know as much about the draft as Mel Kiper -- he continually gets it wrong and then has the nerve to blast the teams making the picks. If I had been wrong as many times in my job as he is in his, I would never have been employed. LOL. EJ will be a long time pro if his leg heals properly.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Of all our players I expect O.J. to wow them the most with his speed, quickness, arm length, hand size, and vertical jump. He's like the perfect prospect for a tight end.
Next to him, I think it will be Marlon, simply because he'll probably(possibly) be the fastest player in the draft.
Jonathan is possibly the best football player in the draft but I don't see him wowing anybody at the combine, because they're looking for that special diamond in the rough and special skill sets rather than proven great football players.
He won't win the bench press or the vertical, run a blazing 40 or blah blah, but he still may be the best football player.
Ryan won't kill them with combine performance but he'll play a long time in the NFL in my opinion.
Tim and Cam? I may be very wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if neither participates.
If I was Eddie I wouldn't chance the combine, even if I had to settle for a free agent deal, but he's my under dog. That young man deserves a chance to play in the NFL, and if he gets completely "well", he'll make it IMO.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Jonathan is possibly the best football player in the draft but I don't see him wowing anybody at the combine, because they're looking for that special diamond in the rough and special skill sets rather than proven great football players.
He won't win the bench press or the vertical, run a blazing 40 or blah blah, but he still may be the best football player.
For a guy like Allen, the combine is just a place to prove the tape. Don't underwhelm, and you're fine. If exceeds expectations, scouts will be thrilled. They just want to see if he underperforms and gives them a reason not to draft him.

If I was Eddie I wouldn't chance the combine, even if I had to settle for a free agent deal, but he's my under dog. That young man deserves a chance to play in the NFL, and if he gets completely "well", he'll make it IMO.
Not sure Eddie will compete in the combine, but he'll attend like Reuben. He'll use it as an opportunity to meet with NFL personnel.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
[FONT=&quot]NFL combine participants:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]SEC- 66[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ACC-60[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]B1G- 51[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pac-12- 47[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Big XII - 18[/FONT]

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
For a guy like Allen, the combine is just a place to prove the tape. Don't underwhelm, and you're fine. If exceeds expectations, scouts will be thrilled. They just want to see if he underperforms and gives them a reason not to draft him.

Not sure Eddie will compete in the combine, but he'll attend like Reuben. He'll use it as an opportunity to meet with NFL personnel.
Definitely a good idea to go for the interviews etc...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.