News Article: Joy Villas MAGA dress at Grammys

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
Joy Villa's Pro-Trump Grammys Dress Designer Is an Immigrant

The designer behind Joy Villa's "Make America Great Again" pro-Trump Grammys gown, Filipino immigrant Andre Soriano, tells THR that he is supportive of the new president despite his controversial immigration ban, and that the message of the dress was one of positivity.

"It’s more so about love," he said of the red, white and blue gown. "We all live on this planet. I’ve never been in the political area. However, it’s just so crazy that people are getting beat up because they voted for Trump, or this and that, someone wants to bomb the White House....I am an American, I moved here from the Philippines and I highly believed in the trueness of what this country can bring. It’s about bringing people together, that’s the message."

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Sorry, what did the dress say? I was too busy admiring the curves. ;)

I would like to request that she wear something a little more stylish. See Rhianna or Amber Rose's dresses. (can't post here, sorry)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Well, she's the future of America. I don't mean that in a bad way per se, but more and more "blended" whether it be black/white, white/Hispanic, black/Hispanic, with a little native American thrown in as well.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Sorry, what did the dress say? I was too busy admiring the curves. ;)

I would like to request that she wear something a little more stylish. See Rhianna or Amber Rose's dresses. (can't post here, sorry)
LOL! Last night, me to the wife "Look at that!" Didn't look quick enough. I don't have a problem with tats artfully done with a theme in mind. I had a Cherokee friend who was an exquisite artist himself and designed his own, one being a spread eagle across his back. Also, he was young and still had the body to wear it. It probably doesn't look so hot now, wrinkled. My granddaughter is heading to the U of Alaska, Juneau this fall to study marine biology. Yesterday, she got a mountain scene inked on her left forearm. It was really striking. Would I prefer she hadn't had it done? Sure. However, if you're going to do it, that's the way, IMO, it should be done, not these scattershot small tats spread across the bod. "Let's see, that's when I was drunk on that Friday in March, 2011. Can't remember who he is, now."

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'm not big on tats, myself. But I don't condemn someone for having them, necessarily.

The hawtness factor always plays a role when we're talking the distaff side of things....

Now this lady....oh yeah....very hawt!

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Well, obviously going to get a big backlash for that. A lot of the Trump haters are vehement and nasty (present company excepted, of course)

Nice curves, though.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Who cares what celebrities have to say? Just shut up and sing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Well, I suppose it's her right.

Still, I see no difference between this and Meryl Streep's shindigs. Opposite views, equally tacky, and worth a collective "Meh".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.