Mark Ingram bags 600# wild boar.............with one shot

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
The Saints running back went to Tennessee last week and did his part to help with the epidemic of hog overpopulation:
Based on the photo, this was done on a game preserve where some boars were introduced and managed. Don't think he was affecting the wild hog population that needs to be eliminated. Hunting wild hogs is illegal in most parts of Tennessee with some exceptions including landowner exemptions provided by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency.

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Based on the photo, this was done on a game preserve where some boars were introduced and managed. Hunting wild hogs is illegal in most parts of Tennessee with some exceptions including landowner exemptions provided by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency.
Hunting wild hogs in Texas is year round and doesn't require a license.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Hunting wild hogs in Texas is year round and doesn't require a license.
It used to be year round in Tennessee; a license was still required. The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) decided that this encouraged folks to catch hogs elsewhere then transport and release into their favorite hunting areas causing the population to spread to new areas. They claim disjointed populations began to occur which pinpointed this practice so now this incentive has been removed for the most part.

Also, I believe the landowner exemption is not difficult to get. Landowners don't want hogs on their land anyway. They are allowed to shoot and trap year-round including hunting at night.

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Well, it doesn't take much. One shot one kill.
So you say..........................

I couldn't qualify, on the rifle range, when I was in Hitler Youth Korps..................er, ah.....excuse me, Army ROTC.

Pretty embarrassing, as I was platoon leader.

Eventually, the Army relieved me of my obligation, as they classified me legally blind.Took them 2 years to figure out what was obvious. (Glasses were not made with high refractive index plastic, back then.)

So, no...................I could not do it, so it is a feat, in my domain.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Not even with glasses?

Nope. In fact, there is something wrong, with my right eye. No one exactly knows what, but it is obvious under a close examination. It is so messed up, that it can only be corrected to 80/20, or thereabouts.

So, no.......I'm right-handed.

I also have no depth perception, which explains why I could not play baseball worth a diddle.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.