Link: CNN reporting Flynn resignation... - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Re: CNN reporting Flynn resignation...

Reagan controlled the secret service in his day. (SNL Clip)

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...nd/n9509?snl=1

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    Did they trust them or were they complicit minions in the game?
    No way for any of us to truly know the answer to that in reality. But from the outside looking in it does not look good. It may just be that roughly half this country elected a pathological lying, narcissistic, etc, etc, etc. You all know what he is even those of you that refuse to admit it. And yes some of the past ones definitely had variations of those same traits but this is all those traits on steroids with some conspiracy theory nutbar thrown in.
    Last edited by MattinBama; February 16th, 2017 at 10:03 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    No way for any of us to truly know the answer to that in reality. But from the outside looking in it does not look good. It may just be that roughly half this country elected a pathological lying, narcissistic, etc, etc, etc. You all know what he is even those of you that refuse to admit it. And yes some of the past ones definitely had variations of those some traits but this is all those traits on steroids with some conspiracy theory nutbar thrown in.
    Don't we do that every four years?

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    Don't we do that every four years?
    Feel free to read the rest of the post after that sentence.

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Minnesota Democratic US Senator Amy Klobuchar was interviewed on NPR this morning.

She said the Senate Intelligence Committee has been and is working on the Trump teams communication with Russia. She said the committee has requested the transcripts and she said the entire committee-Republicans included-want to go forward with an investigation.

I feel slightly better now.

Transcript of the interview:

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/16/515529...ump-and-russia
    "Isn't it strange that princes and kings, and clowns that caper in sawdust rings, and common folk like you and me are builders for all eternity? Each is given a bag of tools, a shapeless mass, a book of rules, and each must make - ere life has flown- a stumbling block or a stepping stone." ---- Sharpe/Davidson

SO Flynn also lied to the FBI about his conversation, and some of y'all wonder why there are leaks?

How do you think the agents who were involved here felt about a President that was (Actually still is) totally ok with his people lying to the FBI? Put aside the Logan act and everything else. The FBI listens to the calls and tells Trump "He is lying to you and he lied to us" and nothing happens for weeks? If I'm one of those agents I'm looking for my own Woodward or Berstein too

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.5dc605e0a333

Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn denied to FBI agents in an interview last month that he had discussed U.S. sanctions against Russia with that country’s ambassador to the United States before President Trump took office, contradicting the contents of intercepted communications collected by intelligence agencies, current and former U.S. officials said.

The Jan. 24 interview potentially puts Flynn in legal jeopardy, as lying to the FBI is a felony, but any decision to prosecute would ultimately lie with the Justice Department. Some officials said bringing a case could prove difficult in part because Flynn may attempt to parse the definition of sanctions.

A spokesman for Flynn said he had no response. The FBI declined to comment.
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    SO Flynn also lied to the FBI about his conversation, and some of y'all wonder why there are leaks?

How do you think the agents who were involved here felt about a President that was (Actually still is) totally ok with his people lying to the FBI? Put aside the Logan act and everything else. The FBI listens to the calls and tells Trump "He is lying to you and he lied to us" and nothing happens for weeks? If I'm one of those agents I'm looking for my own Woodward or Berstein too

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.5dc605e0a333
    the fbi are just embedded liberal storm troopers taking their marching orders from george soros. herr trump is providing a much needed shake up to a crooked and failing institution
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American CharminTide's Avatar

Retired Vice Admiral Harward was Trump's pick to replace Flynn. He turned down the job.

Can't blame him. Who boards the Titanic when the ship is already taking on water?