Link: CNN reporting Flynn resignation... - Page 6
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: CNN reporting Flynn resignation...

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    Sean Spicer just said Trump knew about this 17 days ago.
    Yes he would still be on staff if it hadn't been made public. Tillerson is on staff, and the Russians are already saying that they have pivoted to dealing with him as he is the face of the administration in Russia now. Odds are the Russians knew about all this going on long before the public did, well thats actually guaranteed since they were the ones on the call. I would be surprised if some of the embassy staff weren't telling Flynn to "Ixnay on the iplomicyday before inauguration ayday"

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by chanson78 View Post
    Yes he would still be on staff if it hadn't been made public. Tillerson is on staff, and the Russians are already saying that they have pivoted to dealing with him as he is the face of the administration in Russia now. Odds are the Russians knew about all this going on long before the public did, well thats actually guaranteed since they were the ones on the call. I would be surprised if some of the embassy staff weren't telling Flynn to "Ixnay on the iplomicyday before inauguration ayday"
    of course he would be, Trump knew for over a month that (which = 17 days to this whitehouse, just like Trump Towers 58 floors is 68 in the cheetos mind) Flynn was lying. Hell I have no doubt at all the Trump ordered Flynn to have the conversation so "when" is a moot point anyway. If we can get 11 hours on congressional hearings on Bengazi this entire issue deserves that at minimum. By entire issue I mean all the Russian ties to Trump and that includes his tax returns to see where he is tied to them financially

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/u...signation.html
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    of course he would be, Trump knew for over a month that (which = 17 days to this whitehouse, just like Trump Towers 58 floors is 68 in the cheetos mind) Flynn was lying. Hell I have no doubt at all the Trump ordered Flynn to have the conversation so "when" is a moot point anyway. If we can get 11 hours on congressional hearings on Bengazi this entire issue deserves that at minimum. By entire issue I mean all the Russian ties to Trump and that includes his tax returns to see where he is tied to them financially

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/u...signation.html
    it was a lot more than 11 hours. the 11-hours was just clinton's testimony in one of the hearings

after a more than two-year investigation, encompassing 33 hearings held in congressional investigations and four public hearings, at an estimated cost of $7 million and counting,
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    it was a lot more than 11 hours. the 11-hours was just clinton's testimony in one of the hearings
    then make trump talk for 11 hours, he'd get bored and quit the presidency inside of 2
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

then make trump talk for 11 hours, he'd get bored and quit the presidency inside of 2
    i don't think he'd make it more than an hour, especially if someone wasn't being properly deferential to him
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Flynn got paid for his speech to RT (Russian TV). That's illegal! Lock him up!

http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/defense_eth...strictions.pdf

As interpreted in Comptroller General opinions and by the Department of Justice Office of Legal Counsel, the Emoluments Clause prohibits receipt of consulting fees, gifts, travel expenses, honoraria, or salary by all retired military personnel, officer and enlisted, Regular and Reserve, from a foreign government unless Congressional consent is first obtained. Consent is provided by Congress in 37 U.S.C. ß 908, which requires advance approval from the relevant Service Secretary and the Secretary of State before accepting employment, consulting fees, gifts, travel expenses, honoraria or salary from a foreign government. Employment compensation from foreign educational or commercial institutions that are owned, operated, or controlled by a foreign government generally qualifies as an emolument because such entities are viewed as an extension of the foreign government.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.453e5cd78248

FLYNN: I was asked by my speaker’s bureau, LAI. I do public speaking. It was in Russia. It was a paid speaking opportunity. I get paid so much. The speaker’s bureau got paid so much, based on our contract.

Assuming he didn't get prior permission. There is the smoking gun. Congress needs to act.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seebell View Post
    Flynn got paid for his speech to RT (Russian TV). That's illegal! Lock him up!
    Well, I'm not a Democrat, so I say, if he broke the law, lock him up.

What's funny is that General Flynn is a registered Democrat, so I'm surpised the Democrats did not do their usual thing which is to close ranks and call seeking to enforce the law a "witch hunt."

you know I think I should add that I love that Lying to Mike Pence gets you asked to resign while lying to the American People gets you pats on the back from Trump on Twitter

that bother anyone else?

BamaNation All-American

Sorry to derail things earlier.

Interesting take on all this from Eli Lake, a reporter well connected in the intelligence community. Note well that he is not defending Flynn or Trump and certainly not Russia, but noting that those issues are perhaps not as front and center as originally thought.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...-michael-flynn

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar

you know I think I should add that I love that Lying to Mike Pence gets you asked to resign while lying to the American People gets you pats on the back from Trump on Twitter

that bother anyone else?
    I haven't kept up with the details of this story, but if the Flynn conversations at issue took place after November 8, then I really don't care. I also don't care whether or not the situation is investigated further.

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    I haven't kept up with the details of this story, but if the Flynn conversations at issue took place after November 8, then I really don't care. I also don't care whether or not the situation is investigated further.
    Trump and Putin approve.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    Sorry to derail things earlier.

Interesting take on all this from Eli Lake, a reporter well connected in the intelligence community. Note well that he is not defending Flynn or Trump and certainly not Russia, but noting that those issues are perhaps not as front and center as originally thought.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...-michael-flynn
    Leaks are now bad, got it

getting hard to keep up with y'all on all of this

but I agree this needs to be investigated as does how the Russians and their hacking crews affected this election.

I will be shocked if we see both

BamaNation All-American

Leaks are now bad, got it

getting hard to keep up with y'all on all of this

but I agree this needs to be investigated as does how the Russians and their hacking crews affected this election.

I will be shocked if we see both

Not sure who the "y'all" is that you're referring to - I never defended anyone leaking things. Certainly not Trump.