Link: CNN reporting Flynn resignation...

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
US Special Ops chief: US government 'in unbelievable turmoil'

Washington (CNN)The head of US Special Operations Command said Tuesday that the US government is in "unbelievable turmoil," a situation that he suggested could undermine US efforts to fight adversaries such as ISIS.

"Our government continues to be in unbelievable turmoil. I hope they sort it out soon because we're a nation at war," Army Gen. Raymond "Tony" Thomas told a symposium in Maryland.

Thomas oversees America's elite Special Operations troops, including Navy SEALs and Army Green Berets, which have played a large role in carrying out the nation's conflicts since 9/11.
No worries. Just some CNN fake news.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I totally agree. Flynn was a dangerous nut, arguably in the most dangerous position near the President. It's nip and tuck between him and Bannon as to who's nuttier and who's more dangerous. However, that said, the breadth of the effort to get rid of him is troublesome to me. Well-placed leaks have always been part of politics in this country and he's not the first to be brought down. However, I don't think that a whole arm of the government has ever combined like this. I can see something similar happening in the future with the general officer corps, as the rolling disaster in the Whitehouse develops. How did we come to this place?
I'm guessing that there are some in the Intelligence community that are mad because Trump called them Nazi's, I'd also guess that there are some that are mad because he got in front of their wall of hero's and blustered about himself for an hour dishonoring them but mostly I'd guess that professional security people were more than ....ed that they told Trump weeks ago that this happened and that the admin did nothing about it. Flynn was being praised by the admin as late as Monday afternoon and was still seeing everything with no change in access even after the team knew he was compromised.

Or Pence's people became so frustrated at being made to look like a fool they burned Flynn, who knows

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I'm guessing that there are some in the Intelligence community that are mad because Trump called them Nazi's, I'd also guess that there are some that are mad because he got in front of their wall of hero's and blustered about himself for an hour dishonoring them but mostly I'd guess that professional security people were more than ....ed that they told Trump weeks ago that this happened and that the admin did nothing about it. Flynn was being praised by the admin as late as Monday afternoon and was still seeing everything with no change in access even after the team knew he was compromised.

Or Pence's people became so frustrated at being made to look like a fool they burned Flynn, who knows
I have a feeling that some of the intelligence community was giving Trump the same wait and see attitude that a lot of us had decided to try and give him. As it has become more clear just what he is they're feeding stuff to the media institutions he's trying to destroy that can check his power to bring him down before things get worse. I have a feeling we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg. Maybe I'm wrong. We shall see.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I have contact with a lot of special ops people (rank and file) and they are VERY PLEASED to have somebody replacing the democrats in the Whitehouse. These guys survive off of technology and weapons. The democrats have been starving them of both.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
At this point I'm hoping for a quick impeachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you are wanting a Mike Pence as President for the next 12 years? Please don't say that the Democrats are going to win back anything because they have no decent candidates and they have no vision on issues that matter to people in this country.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

hell, the circus peanut was going on today how flynn is a victim of the lying media and the crooked nsa and fbi.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I have contact with a lot of special ops people (rank and file) and they are VERY PLEASED to have somebody replacing the democrats in the Whitehouse. These guys survive off of technology and weapons. The democrats have been starving them of both.
was it these seals?

[video]https://video-images.vice.com/articles/5890ccc28c75a2064283e818/lede/1485884611382-Screen-Shot-2017-01-31-at-124244-PM.png?crop=0.9862xw:0.6573xh;0xw,0.1573xh&resize=1050:*[/video]

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
i tried it again.

[video]https://video-images.vice.com/articles/5890ccc28c75a2064283e818/lede/1485884611382-Screen-Shot-2017-01-31-at-124244-PM.png?crop=0.9862xw:0.6573xh;0xw,0.1573xh&resize=1050:*[/video]
Nope, I can't tell from that angle. LOL

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
So you are wanting a Mike Pence as President for the next 12 years? Please don't say that the Democrats are going to win back anything because they have no decent candidates and they have no vision on issues that matter to people in this country.
I'll address this once to avoid thread drift. A Pence administration with Bannon, et al gone is much preferable to a Trump administration. Prior to accepting the VP, Pence was simply another movement conservative. He made a deal with the devil and now he's going to have to live with it. Trump is so manifestly unfit for the presidency that we're not having a liberal/conservative debate. We would be much more better served by having an honest policy debate in this country. I'm not a huge Pence fan but I'd much prefer him to Trump. And while those on the Left will not like him, I would hope that they could admit - at least to themselves - that if Bannon left, too, Pence is a much better option than Trump.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
I'll address this once to avoid thread drift. A Pence administration with Bannon, et al gone is much preferable to a Trump administration. Prior to accepting the VP, Pence was simply another movement conservative. He made a deal with the devil and now he's going to have to live with it. Trump is so manifestly unfit for the presidency that we're not having a liberal/conservative debate. We would be much more better served by having an honest policy debate in this country. I'm not a huge Pence fan but I'd much prefer him to Trump. And while those on the Left will not like him, I would hope that they could admit - at least to themselves - that if Bannon left, too, Pence is a much better option than Trump.
This pains me to say it, but a Pence presidency is something I am looking forward to. This is even worse, a WH where Priebus really was the chief of staff is something I am looking forward to.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

in any normal time I'd be a huge opponent of Pence.

these aren't normal times

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL

There is not a Democrat in the United States that wants a policy debate. What they want, and what they would in turn do to Pence as President, is to demonize, fear monger, and shout down any contradicting opinion from anyone without a D next to their name. You can call those that voted for Trump rubes, or idiots, or stupid, but Trump is the President because he connected with people and the issues that they felt most affected them. Will he address those issues? I don't know what he will accomplish, or maybe he will accomplish a little, or maybe he will probably not accomplish much. But, he is the President, and he's not going anywhere....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.