Link: CNN reporting Flynn resignation...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
CNN Now reporting that Multiple High Level Campaign aids,including Manafort and Flynn were in near constant touch with senior Russian intelligence throughout the campaign.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/14/politics/donald-trump-aides-russians-campaign/index.html

(CNN)High-level advisers close to then-presidential nominee Donald Trump were in constant communication during the campaign with Russians known to US intelligence, multiple current and former intelligence, law enforcement and administration officials tell CNN.

President-elect Trump and then-President Barack Obama were both briefed on details of the extensive communications between suspected Russian operatives and people associated with the Trump campaign and the Trump business, according to US officials familiar with the matter.
Flynn scrambles White House
Both the frequency of the communications during early summer and the proximity to Trump of those involved "raised a red flag" with US intelligence and law enforcement, according to these officials. The communications were intercepted during routine intelligence collection targeting Russian officials and other Russian nationals known to US intelligence.
Among several senior Trump advisers regularly communicating with Russian nationals were then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort and then-adviser Michael Flynn.
Officials emphasized that communications between campaign staff and representatives of foreign governments are not unusual. However, these communications stood out to investigators due to the frequency and the level of the Trump advisers involved. Investigators have not reached a judgment on the intent of those conversations.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
CNN Now reporting that Multiple High Level Campaign aids,including Manafort and Flynn were in near constant touch with senior Russian intelligence throughout the campaign.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/14/politics/donald-trump-aides-russians-campaign/index.html
So, the article states that these are not unusual and they haven't reached a judgement on the intent of the interactions.

Is this news?

"Jon was seen with keys in his hand. This was the seventh time in seven days we've seen him with keys. People who smuggle midgets across the Canadian border often have keys in their hands. Sometimes as many as seven times in a week. We have not seen or heard of any midgets in direct contact with Jon. We have not determined if that's a positive or negative at this juncture"

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
So, the article states that these are not unusual and they haven't reached a judgement on the intent of the interactions.

Is this news?

"Jon was seen with keys in his hand. This was the seventh time in seven days we've seen him with keys. People who smuggle midgets across the Canadian border often have keys in their hands. Sometimes as many as seven times in a week. We have not seen or heard of any midgets in direct contact with Jon. We have not determined if that's a positive or negative at this juncture"
considering that the trump administration has been lying, claiming that they had no interactions with Russians in the lead up to the campaign, yeah I'd say it is news. Also this story changed from "Russian government officials" to "Russian Intelligence" so yeah, they were lying about talking to the KGB on a regular cadence throughout the election while the KGB was Hacking the Clinton campaign. Seems pretty newsworthy

fwiw I've never claimed to not be a midget smuggler

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
considering that the trump administration has been lying, claiming that they had no interactions with Russians in the lead up to the campaign, yeah I'd say it is news. Also this story changed from "Russian government officials" to "Russian Intelligence" so yeah, they were lying about talking to the KGB on a regular cadence throughout the election while the KGB was Hacking the Clinton campaign. Seems pretty newsworthy

fwiw I've never claimed to not be a midget smuggler
Let me go back and check to see if you have participated in any midget tranny posts in the past. We will let you know if we uncover any activity. ;)

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
They've taken their time - wisely, IMO - but Senate and House leadership calling for investigations into this mess. No guarantee it'll amount to anything but it's a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Trump apparently got out of time-out this morning and was given his phone back. He addressed the scandal with the expected amount of grace and dignity.

President Donald J. Trump said:
This Russian connection non-sense is merely an attempt to cover-up the many mistakes made in Hillary Clinton's losing campaign.
Clinton? Who the hell mentioned Clinton?

The fake news media is going crazy with their conspiracy theories and blind hatred. @MSNBC & @CNN are unwatchable. @foxandfriends is great!
So it's fake news. Of course. I don't think I've ever watched Fox and Friends, so I have no idea how their coverage today differs from everyone else's.

Information is being illegally given to the failing @nytimes & @washingtonpost by the intelligence community (NSA and FBI?).Just like Russia

The real scandal here is that classified information is illegally given out by "intelligence" like candy. Very un-American!
Wait, so you're not disputing the information? How can the Flynn revelations be totally fake, but also a result of leaked classified intelligence? And the official deflection: "Well we should never have gotten caught -- it's the leaking that is the real problem! Sad!" Seriously?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Trump apparently got out of time-out this morning and was given his phone back. He addressed the scandal with the expected amount of grace and dignity.

Clinton? Who the hell mentioned Clinton?

So it's fake news. Of course. I don't think I've ever watched Fox and Friends, so I have no idea how their coverage today differs from everyone else's.

Wait, so you're not disputing the information? How can the Flynn revelations be totally fake, but also a result of leaked classified intelligence? And the official deflection: "Well we should never have gotten caught -- it's the leaking that is the real problem! Sad!" Seriously?
and they are still lying about it, not that I expected anything different https://twitter.com/abcpolitics/status/831583725418733569

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

It's pretty sad that for literally everything that comes up currently there's an old Trump tweet to show how much of a hypocrite he is.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Every time we find a Trump administration/campaign link to Russia there's always another one inside. Seems familiar.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
have to LOL at the audacity of Nunes

http://reason.com/blog/2017/02/14/pro-snooping-gop-rep-claims-shock-at-fed

Why it seems like it was less than a year ago that Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, was actively trying to kill off proposed legislation that would require the federal government to get warrants to collect data on Americans. It was less than a year, actually: last June.

Back then there was a bipartisan push to try to require some more due process in National Security Agency (NSA) surveillance of Americans. Nunes used the deadly attack on the nightclub in Orlando to argue against it, claiming it would hamper the government in its fight against the war on terror.

But while he was opposed to protecting you and me from unwarranted government surveillance, apparently Nunes does think that the feds recording a call between ex-National Security Adviser Mike Flynn and a Russian ambassador in December is beyond the pale. From The Washington Post:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Also - not sure how I feel about this:

http://theweek.com/articles/680068/...-took-down-michael-flynn-that-deeply-worrying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally agree. Flynn was a dangerous nut, arguably in the most dangerous position near the President. It's nip and tuck between him and Bannon as to who's nuttier and who's more dangerous. However, that said, the breadth of the effort to get rid of him is troublesome to me. Well-placed leaks have always been part of politics in this country and he's not the first to be brought down. However, I don't think that a whole arm of the government has ever combined like this. I can see something similar happening in the future with the general officer corps, as the rolling disaster in the Whitehouse develops. How did we come to this place?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.