Link: CNN reporting Flynn resignation...

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
let me guess. the powers that be were out to get petraeus. but the clintons hold enough sway to get by with all of their shenanigans.
Nah, they only invoke Clinton's name so they don't have to discuss the actual issues here. It's the meekest form of deflection.

So Flynn resigned. We know that Sally Yates warned Trump over a month ago that Flynn may have been compromised. In the context of everything else we know about Trump's ties to Russia, why was that warning dismissed, and did it play into her firing in any way? When did Trump and his top staff first know about Flynn's involvement with Russia? Would he still be on staff if this hadn't been made public?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Nah, they only invoke Clinton's name so they don't have to discuss the actual issues here. It's the meekest form of deflection.

So Flynn resigned. We know that Sally Yates warned Trump over a month ago that Flynn may have been compromised. In the context of everything else we know about Trump's ties to Russia, why was that warning dismissed, and did it play into her firing in any way? When did Trump and his top staff first know about Flynn's involvement with Russia? Would he still be on staff if this hadn't been made public?
people in the know tell me she committed crimes. horrible crimes. and even worse, she uses her secret witch powers to ensure that despite constant investigation into her horrible crimes, she still slips free.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

we also had that manafort character and carter page from back in the fall that had to step away from the campaign due to their ties with russia.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

we also have the Japanese PM saying that Trump "encouraged" him to have closer ties to Russia and Putin during their meeting. Course I didn't even need to read it from the PM as the debutante from the table next to them at Mar-a-Lago put it on facebook already

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

So Flynn resigned. We know that Sally Yates warned Trump over a month ago that Flynn may have been compromised. Why was that warning dismissed, and did it play into her firing in any way? When did Trump and his top staff know about Flynn's involvement with Russia? Would he still be on staff if this hadn't been made public?
It's a version of the deflection I wrote about the other day. "Flynn committed a crime." "Yah, well so did Hillary" "...Yah - ok sure, does that suddenly make Flynn innocent? Let's deal with what's in front of us."
I think the best course would be to condemn Flynn but still maintain that many on the left are hypocritical in their defense of HC - if that's what they maintain.
In fact the quicker the Right condemns their own missteps the more ethical it could make them in the eyes of the public.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Nope no deflection. I clearly said if he wanted to be controversial he would pick Petraus over Harward. So.....
All I'm saying is that there's a group of posters here who seem to fall over themselves in order to bring Clinton into conversations that have nothing to do with her, and you've done it twice in 24 hours. If Trump nominates her to replace Flynn, then she'll be relevant here. But until then, it's deflection.

Meanwhile, that line I created in the other thread offering Clinton's detractors lemonade if they wanted to show consistency and criticize Trump's mishandling of classified information remains, quite sadly, empty.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
It's a version of the deflection I wrote about the other day. "Flynn committed a crime." "Yah, well so did Hillary" "...Yah - ok sure, does that suddenly make Flynn innocent? Let's deal with what's in front of us."
I think the best course would be to condemn Flynn but still maintain that many on the left are hypocritical in their defense of HC - if that's what they maintain.
In fact the quicker the Right condemns their own missteps the more ethical it could make them in the eyes of the public.
I agree it does not. Right is right and wrong is wrong.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I don't venture over this way too much anymore, but for what it's worth.

I've said this before in another thread but I'm just floored how some of you are able to ignore HRC's issues. I'm going to agree with almost every criticism of Trump and his staff - a trainwreck and a disaster. Frankly we'd all be better served he resigned or were impeached and we could just simply have partisan and ideological debates with President Pence - none of this other stuff that is getting in the way right now.

So with it clear that I am not carrying water for DJT - I even did a spot on talk radio as a "Never Trump" conservative - the way those of you on the left deflect on Clinton is really astounding. Not saying she should be tarred and feathered, but her lying about Benghazi and the email server business were serious issues - disqualifying for office, reckless and in the latter case, quite possibly illegal. And no, don't tell me the FBI was going to indict her late in a campaign. I'm fully willing to believe there's a level of illegality that could be ignored if indictment meant a dust-up of the magnitude that would have occurred at HRC been indicted after the convention.

It's obviously not politically expedient for the GOP to worry about this anymore, but it's a neat little trick the Democrats and some - but not all - media members have going on. Declare something a non-story and then make the GOP look like the crazy side. You realize that's exactly what Kevin Scarbinsky and Jay Jacobs did to us during the Cam Newton ordeal?

Again - this cuts both ways. Honest men and women in the GOP need to cowboy up and call this BS what it is. But the inability to acknowledge Clinton's misgivings is still a problem on its own terms.

Now, back to Flynn. Very glad he's gone, but worried for what's to come. Just hope we can show DJT the door without too much damage in the meantime.

Also:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...-americans-dislike-incompetent-and-corruption

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I think it important to point out here that this is the third resignation from Trumps team due to ties to Putin

and yet the right still wants us to believe that Putin and the Russians had no hand in this election

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I think it important to point out here that this is the third resignation from Trumps team due to ties to Putin

and yet the right still wants us to believe that Putin and the Russians had no hand in this election
It's only three weeks in, and Trump's highly unpopular selection for National Security Adviser had to resign in disgrace and scandal. This really is a disaster for the administration and cannot be understated.

You have to wonder how long the GOP can simply ignore Trump's ties to Russia.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't venture over this way too much anymore, but for what it's worth.

I've said this before in another thread but I'm just floored how some of you are able to ignore HRC's issues. I'm going to agree with almost every criticism of Trump and his staff - a trainwreck and a disaster. Frankly we'd all be better served he resigned or were impeached and we could just simply have partisan and ideological debates with President Pence - none of this other stuff that is getting in the way right now.

So with it clear that I am not carrying water for DJT - I even did a spot on talk radio as a "Never Trump" conservative - the way those of you on the left deflect on Clinton is really astounding. Not saying she should be tarred and feathered, but her lying about Benghazi and the email server business were serious issues - disqualifying for office, reckless and in the latter case, quite possibly illegal. And no, don't tell me the FBI was going to indict her late in a campaign. I'm fully willing to believe there's a level of illegality that could be ignored if indictment meant a dust-up of the magnitude that would have occurred at HRC been indicted after the convention.

It's obviously not politically expedient for the GOP to worry about this anymore, but it's a neat little trick the Democrats and some - but not all - media members have going on. Declare something a non-story and then make the GOP look like the crazy side. You realize that's exactly what Kevin Scarbinsky and Jay Jacobs did to us during the Cam Newton ordeal?

Again - this cuts both ways. Honest men and women in the GOP need to cowboy up and call this BS what it is. But the inability to acknowledge Clinton's misgivings is still a problem on its own terms.

Now, back to Flynn. Very glad he's gone, but worried for what's to come. Just hope we can show DJT the door without too much damage in the meantime.

"but hillary/bill clinton..." has long been a crutch

since the early 90's, people have been telling me (with associated pearl clutching and hair on fire) that i have to be very concerned with the nefarious clintons and their wrong doings. i stopped taking those folks seriously long ago.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It's only three weeks in, and Trump's highly unpopular selection for National Security Adviser had to resign in disgrace and scandal. This really is a disaster for the administration and cannot be understated.

You have to wonder how long the GOP can simply ignore Trump's ties to Russia.
The GOP, they are downplaying Flynn's resignation

oh wait, did I say GOP, I meant the Kremlin. Sorry it's a bit hard to tell them apart lately

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e225.../russian-lawmakers-mount-fierce-defense-flynn

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
"but hillary/bill clinton..." has long been a crutch

since the early 90's, people have been telling me (with associated pearl clutching and hair on fire) that i have to be very concerned with the nefarious clintons and their wrong doings. i stopped taking those folks seriously long ago.
Good job taking the issue seriously. It's one thing to forget the Vince Foster stuff. I don't think about it, either. But the server thing, the lying about Benghazi actually happened. It's not a conspiracy. The left would be much better served by taking it seriously, and we could have an honest debate over policy.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Good job taking the issue seriously. It's one thing to forget the Vince Foster stuff. I don't think about it, either. But the server thing, the lying about Benghazi actually happened. It's not a conspiracy. The left would be much better served by taking it seriously, and we could have an honest debate over policy.

if it was so serious, congress and the feds should have investigated it

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.