Possible 2017-2018 Season Lineup

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
With all the players that's practicing well this offseason according to the coach, there will be 2-3 that will be out of luck this fall.

I just don't know how It'll work out at the guard positions:

We have the following guards:
Riley Norris, Avery Johnson Jr, Dazon Ingram, Armond Davis, Braxton key, Collin Sexton, John Petty, and you have Herb Jones.

Only way I can see Herb getting playing time if he slides at the 3 position time to time.. Herb will play, but he won't be part of rotation... but I definitely can see Herb as starter next year but we gotta develop him. If the game is up by 10 with 4 minutes left, then I can see herb stepping in and get a feel for the game.
I thought Herb was brought in as a 3. He has point skills but think he will be a SF.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Alabama has added ut arlington, who went 27-9 last year and beat the the Texas team we lost to buy 11 points. Our non-conference schedule is really stacked ironically the name looks great but Memphis will be the easiest game.

In my opinion time to schedule a few wins

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I thought Herb was brought in as a 3. He has point skills but think he will be a SF.
So did I. But from what I've read, he'll be a 2 and 3. This from an article :
"From what Coach Johnson has showed me, I feel like I can make an impact as a freshman," Jones said. "He doesn't really define you to a specific role as a position. He calls everybody multi-positional players and that's what I am."
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/10/herb_jones_hale_county_alabama.html

if he can effectively slide out to 3 and back to 2, and once in a while play Point, Then that would be very valuable skillset to have. Now, I can see why RTR said that he can see early playing time. His ability to go from 3 to 2 or 2 to 3. I don't think we have players that can go from 2 to 3 or vice verse except for Norris.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
cant wait to see what the opening roster looks like. Though i'm certain by midseason it wont be the same. Very interested to see how we use Petty. having a player with his versatility will be great.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.