Possible 2017-2018 Season Lineup

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: 2017/18 Starting Lineup

Any guesses as to what next years staring lineup will be? I think most people assume Sexton is too good to sit so he's at PG but what about Petty? Does anybody expect him to start over Ingram? If not will be the sixth man with a ton of minutes off the bench? Does Giddens start?
Here is my go at it.

PG Sexton
SG Petty
SF Ingram (I think he can play the 3 at 6' 5" with his strength)
PF Key
C Giddens

Bench: Hall, Norris, AJ Jr, Reese, Jones

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Here is my go at it.

PG Sexton
SG Petty
PF Key
C Giddens

I agree with this to a T. And that's a pretty nasty lineup

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Read some comments from 247's Jerry Meyer about Collin Sexton yesterday. He said things change but he expects Colin to be a one-and-done, so we need to enjoy him in Tuscaloosa while we can.

Jerry was also asked about a possible lineup of having Sexton, Ingram, Petty, and Key on the floor together. In this group, Key plays the 4. The assumption would be either Giddens or Hall plays the 5. I'm not sure if Avery would want to make that the starting lineup, but it would allow him the speed to go fast like he's wanted. If not the prominent 5 on the court, it would at least be a very good change of pace group to get the offense going. And if Braxton gets in foul trouble, Riley can play the 4 if needed.

Avery did comment within the last few weeks he would like to have Giddens and Hall on the court together next season.

Don't want to look too far ahead to next season. Just something I started thinking about after reading Meyer's comments. Simply a prime example of what Avery is going to have to use as he continues to recruit better talent to UA.
I can't help but think we'll see players playing several positions... I expect offense to improve to where we should average over 65 points a game. Now, I'm curious to see how our defense will look with those guys? Will we see more of man to man or zone defense often?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Here is my go at it.

PG Sexton
SG Petty
PF Key
C Giddens

I don't think Riley will sit on bench. He has done pretty good job the last two season. The big key is that we need a 6th man that can come off bench and keep offense going. We need to be able to show class of 2018 that we can get it done... and show that we can have 1 and done player.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Norris is going to be an interesting member of the team this upcoming season. While he's not as talented as the younger guys, he is clearly one of the more knowledgeable players. Remember seeing him be able to get guys in position and be a leader while on the court. There's no doubting his toughness and hustle. He's just not a consistent shooter. If he was, he would be a surefire starter.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm just hoping that Avery can somehow convince Collin to stay two years.
I'm just not worried about that. Alabama's weakness for a long time has been the inability to attract one and done players (the time Alabama couldn't even get in play for Cousins and Bledsoe really hurt). Don't get me wrong, I'd like him to stay longer of course. But, he's already raising the profile of Alabama basketball. I think he can make a bigger impact than Gerald Wallace did as well. So, if he leaves, so be it. I'll be glad that he chose to come play at Alabama and hope there will be more like him in the future.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
BOL Projects 2017-2018 Basketball Lineup

Link

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Here, BamaOnLine takes a stab at projecting Alabama basketball’s starting lineup:
[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Guard -- [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Collin Sexton[/FONT] -- 6-3, 175[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Guard -- [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Dazon Ingram[/FONT] -- 6-5, 205[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Forward -- [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Riley Norris[/FONT] -- 6-7, 205[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Forward -- [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Braxton Key[/FONT] -- 6-8, 225[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Center -- [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Donta Hall[/FONT] -- 6-9, 223[/FONT]

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: BOL Projects 2017-2018 Basketball Lineup

Point Guard -- Collin Sexton/Ar'mond Davis/John Petty /Avery Johnson Jr.

Off Guard -- Dazon Ingram /John Petty /Ar'Mond Davis/ Avery Johnson Jr. /

Forward/Center -- Riley Norris /Braxton Key/ Donta Hall/ Daniel Giddens/Alex Reese

Redshirt: Herb Jones/Alex Reese/Gain Smith

This is very deep team with the ability to go small at times. We are little heavy at Guards, but definitely a good problem to have with the team. If I'm the coach of this team,

I would have a lineup where it's very flexible for me to move players around throughout the game, creating diffcult game plan for opposing to plan against. I really think Davis, Ingram and Sexton will have a big year, while petty will have a solid year and is learning to give his best on the court. F( He didn't always do that at Jemison) I definitely expect this team to be very lethal when we go small lineup... I'm thinking Riley, Sexton, Davis, Key and Petty/Johnson Jr.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Forward/Center -- Riley Norris /Braxton Key/ Donta Hall/ Daniel Giddens/Alex Reese

This is very deep team with the ability to go small at times. We are little heavy at Guards, but definitely a good problem to have with the team. If I'm the coach of this team,

I would have a lineup where it's very flexible for me to move players around throughout the game, creating diffcult game plan for opposing to plan against. I really think Davis, Ingram and Sexton will have a big year, while petty will have a solid year and is learning to give his best on the court. F( He didn't always do that at Jemison) I definitely expect this team to be very lethal when we go small lineup... I'm thinking Riley, Sexton, Davis, Key and Petty/Johnson Jr.
I will be surprised if all three of the freshmen you have listed as redshirt candidates actually do RS. Agreed this is a deep team and talented team.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Did Ar'Mond ever play PG last year? We had two primary PGs IIRC - AJ and Dazon.

Also, you list Reese twice.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Did Ar'Mond ever play PG last year? We had two primary PGs IIRC - AJ and Dazon.

Also, you list Reese twice.
Yes, Armond played Point, but that wasn't their natural position. We didn't have any true PG on the court. So I consider Davis and Ingram off ball guy. Dazon too. It will allow them to play little better with Sexton as PG.

I would expect the team to use several players to be the point throughout the game, similar to GSW in NBA. They allow Green, Thompson, Curry, West, Durant, McCaw to be the point on some of the offense.

The reason I said Herb Jones/Alex Reese/Gain Smith might see redshirt season, because I believe Johnson likes to go 7 or 8 man deep throughout the game. Out of three, I think Reese has the best chance to see playing time at the minimum.

I realize I listed Reese twice, but I guess I was torn on whether he might see playing time or not.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.