Former LSU QB Brandon Harris' High School Coach Driving the Petty Train

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
This can backfire. The players, if they find this coach to be inauthentic or authoritarian, might just do what lots of young people do, get rebellious. Advantage Saban, who certainly knows how to exploit that possibility.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
This is typical of a butt hurt LSU fan, (has nothing to do with him being concerned with his players) and him being tired of our successful recruiting in that state. Nick recruits the best players he can get. Does it always go smooth? I bet not. But still, in this situation right here I guarantee you he blew it out of proportion more than it really was. He'll find any and all excuses he can find to justify his rationale. Buncha caca if you ask me. (rolls eyes) JMO

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
He's been complaining. It's just now making national news. He got on our local sports talk radio show a few years ago (during Harris' recruitment) and said he was not allowing any Alabama coaches (including Nick Saban) on "his" campus.
I don't think a high school coach can keep a recruiter off a schools campus. That would be up to maybe the principal or school superintendant.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I don't think a high school coach can keep a recruiter off a schools campus. That would be up to maybe the principal or school superintendant.
He can't and that's what makes his statements ridiculous and embarrassing. He doesn't have that type authority. That's what a lot of people who have been calling into our local sports talk radio show this week keep saying. That he doesn't have the authority to "ban" anyone from campus. That type action is above his pay grade.

Last edited:

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
He can't and that's what makes his statements ridiculous and embarrassing. He doesn't have that type authority. That's what a lot of people who have been calling into our local sports talk radio show this week keep saying. That he doesn't have the authority to "ban" anyone from campus. That type action is above his pay grade.
I agree he can't ban anyone but he can certainly by uncooperative with a college coach, like saying he'll send tape and then "forget" or fill the player's heads with negative things about a particular coach. There are tons of ways to be uncooperative via the passive/aggressive approach.

The thing is Saban's a heck of a lot smarter than this dude will ever be. Don't think for a second Saban would back off someone he really wanted just because of this bozo.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I agree he can't ban anyone but he can certainly by uncooperative with a college coach, like saying he'll send tape and then "forget" or fill the player's heads with negative things about a particular coach. There are tons of ways to be uncooperative via the passive/aggressive approach.

The thing is Saban's a heck of a lot smarter than this dude will ever be. Don't think for a second Saban would back off someone he really wanted just because of this bozo.
And in doing this who is he really hurting? It dang sure isn't Alabama and Nick Saban. Ultimately it's hurting the kids and that's what the local people are saying. He needs to shut his pie hole and put the kids' futures ahead of his ego or preferences. Because at the end of the day Alabama and Nick Saban will either get his 5 star players or somebody else's. He's getting raked over the coals around here and rightfully so. I'm surprised Parkway's principal hasn't stepped in and put a muzzle on him. They are getting some bad press locally.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Well, our dynasty was fun while it lasted. Darn shame this guy is gonna derail it. I'm sad.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
We had the Mad Hatter show for years. We have Yaw Yaw for HC now. We have a HS coach making a fool of the entire state. Could this get any better? I'm gonna settle in with a bowl of popcorn and a plate of corn dogs and watch this circus.

:party:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Hard to fire a guy who has tenure I assume. They can take away his passion and make him quit eventually though.
I've seen that done at university. Place a troublesome prof with tenure in a soul crushing position. Can go 2 ways, the prof quits or he makes like a government employee and plays Starcraft all day.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I'm surprised Parkway's principal hasn't stepped in and put a muzzle on him. They are getting some bad press locally.
Just saw where he was fired. REC doing work
Making stupid comments on live radio has consequences.

I'm surprised the school waited this long. He's been spouting this mess for three years on our local tv and radio stations. Looks like the national bad press is what prompted the school to make a move. Should have been done a few years ago.

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
This guy is a tool bag and isn't liked among his other HS coaching peers. One of the local HS football coaches is my neighbor and can't stand this dude. He's very weird and goes out of his way to be a toolbag. They were caught cheating a few years ago and left out of the playoffs. He's been criticized by the local fans here for running to any camera or microphone he can and publicly criticizing the LSU coaching staff for Brandon Harris' failures at the college level.
Yep. This from 2015:

"Bossier City-Parkway High School coach David Feaster, in an interview on the Tim Fletcher Show on 1130-AM, wasn't happy with the way LSU handled his former star quarterback and encouraged him to leave and enroll in a junior college as a step toward finding another school.

"Please get out of there," Feaster said he told Harris. "I wanted him to go to junior college. Go to a junior college, and because he's a qualifier, he can just be there one year, leave at the midterm and restart the recruiting process all over again."

"He's (Les Miles) the head coach, and he plays who he wants to. I don't want people telling me who to play at QB either. But I don't think they should be putting out false information about Brandon to make him look bad."

LSU QB Brandon Harris' high school coach encouraged him to transfer

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.