Former LSU QB Brandon Harris' High School Coach Driving the Petty Train

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

If Alabama wants to add 5-star wide receiver Terrace Marshall and offer 4-star dual-threat quarterback Justin Rogers in the Class of 2018, the Crimson Tide won’t get any assistance from their high school coach.

Parkway (La.) High School coach David Feaster appeared on ESPN 104.5 in Baton Rouge Wednesday morning to explain why Alabama isn’t welcomed on campus.

It all stems from former LSU QB Brandon Harris, who attended Parkway before beginning his college career.

At the time, Doug Nussmeier was Alabama’s offensive coordinator and Billy Napier was the Tide’s wide receivers coach. The pair traveled to Parkway to scout Harris back in 2013. According to Feaster, Nussmeier and Napier watched Harris’ film and called the quarterback “phenomenal.” The assistants wanted to offer Harris, but no offer is truly legit unless Nick Saban himself wants that recruit.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
That offer has an expiry date and that date comes if you haven't said you're coming before Saban fills his numbers at your position. Boohoo. He sucks anyways.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Worth noting - protocol would say a school sends a recruit some early communication through his high school. There are other ways of communicating, though. Many guys start the actual communication with coaches through social media. How's a high school coach going to prevent that?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Another thing, Louisiana HS coaches have gotten real high and mighty on their control of their students lately...kinda gross imo.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Just don't think it's right that a coach gets his ego hurt so he holds back the best option available in the entire country for "his" kids...If I was a player's parent I'd be bent...Grow up, it's not about you coach...until you send that 5* WR to LSWho and get a job there as an assistant to the fax girl while your receiver plays out his eligibility...then you go back to looking for a HS coaching gig...getting played shady...

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
The LSU homers down there are just tired of losing recruits to Saban and Alabama - nothing more to it than that. This is one (small) man's way of "fighting back" I suppose. Reading between the lines of this article, it sounds like Harris didn't want to come to camp knowing he might get exposed. He still got exposed in Tuscaloosa, only it was in an LSU uniform.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This guy is a tool bag and isn't liked among his other HS coaching peers. One of the local HS football coaches is my neighbor and can't stand this dude. He's very weird and goes out of his way to be a toolbag. They were caught cheating a few years ago and left out of the playoffs. He's been criticized by the local fans here for running to any camera or microphone he can and publicly criticizing the LSU coaching staff for Brandon Harris' failures at the college level.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
LOL - this is hysterical. All the coach is going to do is alienate his best players. Alabama is still going to visit every recruit that they wish who plays at this school. Not going to the school is meaningless.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Harris was never an SEC level QB to start with, nor was Cornwell. Sounds like there is more to it than the article states, people with that kind of attitude should not be in a position to influence high school kids.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Interesting that he waited 3 full recruiting cycles to complain when *SHOCKER* he has two of the best recruits in the state.

I'm sure he was looking out for the 3* guys in 2015, 2016 and 2017 like Kameron Eloph, C.J. Morgan-Walker and Keondre Wudtee with the same fervor.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Interesting that he waited 3 full recruiting cycles to complain when *SHOCKER* he has two of the best recruits in the state.

I'm sure he was looking out for the 3* guys in 2015, 2016 and 2017 like Kameron Eloph, C.J. Morgan-Walker and Keondre Wudtee with the same fervor.
He's been complaining. It's just now making national news. He got on our local sports talk radio show a few years ago (during Harris' recruitment) and said he was not allowing any Alabama coaches (including Nick Saban) on "his" campus.

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
I"m surprised that he hasn't been fired to this date.
We're talking about people in LSU country... in my short experiences, not the most rational group of individuals. I'm sure plenty of them, them being parents, faculty, and fans, but particularly parents of kids who have no real shot at D1 ball anyway, are rallying behind his idea to keep Bama out of their state.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
We're talking about people in LSU country... in my short experiences, not the most rational group of individuals. I'm sure plenty of them, them being parents, faculty, and fans, but particularly parents of kids who have no real shot at D1 ball anyway, are rallying behind his idea to keep Bama out of their state.
You would be wrong. I live in the area where this guy coaches. He's being roasted on our local sports talk radio by a lot of people to keep his mouth shut, that he's ultimately hurting the kids by him doing and saying the stuff he is. Many who call in are fans of the football team. None identify themselves as parents and rightfully so. But I imagine there are callers who are calling in who are parents. They're just not identifying themselves due to their kids being on the team or going to that school. He's had a beef with LSU and Alabama running about the same length of time. However, Alabama is the only school of the two that he's "banned". But he's publicly disparaged both schools in the media. He's an odd bird. He has a very odd personality and view on things in general.

Last edited:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Another thing, Louisiana HS coaches have gotten real high and mighty on their control of their students lately...kinda gross imo.
Yeah, I don't think the football coach has the authority to deny access to a campus. It is a way for them to act much more powerful than they actually are. Ego is certainly a trip.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
I opened this expecting to find a mary jane influenced discussion of the influence of Tom Petty's music throughout the bayous of Loosiana

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, I don't think the football coach has the authority to deny access to a campus. It is a way for them to act much more powerful than they actually are. Ego is certainly a trip.
A coach would be laughed off campus if he tried something like that in Ohio.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.