Question: What Does A Trump Impeachment Look Like? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: What Does A Trump Impeachment Look Like?

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    Sometimes you need a slump buster.
    or you drew the short straw and ran interference for your buddies
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    or you drew the short straw and ran interference for your buddies
    That's never happened before.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    It's not conjecture that he has used the Presidency to push his and his family's business interests.
    Obama's book sales keep income flush, tax returns show
    The president earned $5.5 million in 2009 and paid nearly $1.8 million in federal taxes, according to tax returns. The Bidens report about $333,000 in income last year.
    April 16, 2010|By Peter Nicholas

Email

Reporting from Washington — Brisk book sales lifted President Obama's income to $5.5 million in his first year in office, an amount that dwarfs that of his recent predecessors while in power and reflects the public's continued willingness to pay to read his writings.

On tax day, the White House released 2009 returns showing that the Obamas' income more than doubled from the year before. They collected $2.7 million in 2008, and $4.2 million in 2007.

Obama paid nearly $1.8 million in federal taxes and $163,000 in Illinois state taxes. Forty charities received $329,100 from the Obamas in 2009, with the biggest chunk ($100,000) going to the United Negro College Fund and CARE, which combats world poverty. Separately, Obama donated his $1.4-million Nobel Peace Prize award to 10 charities. Because he asked the entire award money be sent directly to the charities, he did not have to report it as income.

The return was filed jointly by Obama and his wife, Michelle, who had no professional income in 2009, according to the White House.
    One could say that anytime Obama mentioned the title of his book - he did the same, right?
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung.

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    One could say that anytime Obama mentioned the title of his book - he did the same, right?
    Remind me again, why is it that we have all this information about Obama's income?
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    Remind me again, why is it that we have all this information about Obama's income?
    Because Obama's Kenyan income was not required to be added to his US income . Easier return. But you did dodge my question
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung.

Because Obama's Kenyan income was not required to be added to his US income . Easier return. But you did dodge my question
    OK.

If one wanted to make a particularly stupid comparison, one so moronic that "apples and oranges" is insufficient to convey the absurdity of the comparison...then yes.

Happy?

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    OK.

If one wanted to make a particularly stupid comparison, one so moronic that "apples and oranges" is insufficient to convey the absurdity of the comparison...then yes.

Happy?
    Just like a good butt-kissing liberal should be. Obama making $5.5 million - his first year as President - touting his book left and right, and Trump's people touting his daughter's Clothing line -- is "Apples and Oranges" -- geez.....yeah, okay.

That's a stupid comparison? lol -- you guys have such a boner for Trump -- it really is clouding your sense. It's crazy.

The fact that you see it as "moronic" -- does warm my heart though. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chanson78 View Post
    The specific statute should be covered by CFR 2635.702 - Use of public office for private gain.

I don't know what this qualifies though, is it just a misdemeanor? Has he actually done this? I know the emoluments clause was one thing they were trying to get him on, but Kellyanne has already been referred for sanction by the ethics office for her Ivanka plug, and it wouldn't be hard to say that Trump was mixed up in that in some way as well. Granted he is the president, Sessions is the AG, so who is actually going to prosecute him? If there is no one willing to prosecute him of a crime then half of the entire reason for impeachment is gone.

Any thought of impeachment is far too early, and frankly just makes the Democrats look like they are throwing a hissyfit. This is going to require the long game, with tons of stamina. Now I could entirely be wrong, I never in a million years thought there were enough rubes to vote for this dude in the first place.
    The impeachment process doesn't require a prosecutor. After the Starr episode, the independent counsel statute was allowed to expire. The whole matter is self-governed by the House. They can appoint whomever they want. The Executive Branch has nothing to do with it...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

AFAIK, none of these conflict statutes really apply to the presidency. They could to his relatives...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Just like a good butt-kissing liberal should be. Obama making $5.5 million - his first year as President - touting his book left and right, and Trump's people touting his daughter's Clothing line -- is "Apples and Oranges" -- geez.....yeah, okay.

That's a stupid comparison? lol -- you guys have such a boner for Trump -- it really is clouding your sense. It's crazy.

Good God Man.....Can't you see....we shouldn't bring up the past administration's doings.... it doesn't fit the current "sky is falling" narrative of being on the cusp of WWIII.......

Let's see--Obama referencing his book in speeches because it explains his policy ideas in greater detail v Trump official shilling for Ivanka's clothing line when she's supposed to be promoting the administration's policies. Yeah, no difference there. And let's not forget that the reason Ivanka's line was news in the first place was because Trump pitched a hissy fit because Nordstrom's decided to stop carrying the line.

I guess ignorance is bliss.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by danb View Post
    Good God Man.....Can't you see....we shouldn't bring up the past administration's doings.... it doesn't fit the current "sky is falling" narrative of being on the cusp of WWIII.......
    Given that you don't believe this to be that grievous, or maybe you do, Should Obama have been impeached for talking about his book? Let's assume all things equal, and neither President, with regards to the shilling for their own book/fashion clothes line, should have any fallout, where do you stand on the other things that are coming to light recently?

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chanson78 View Post
    Given that you don't believe this to be that grievous, or maybe you do, Should Obama have been impeached for talking about his book? Let's assume all things equal, and neither President, with regards to the shilling for their own book/fashion clothes line, should have any fallout, where do you stand on the other things that are coming to light recently?
    Guessing the response will be along these lines: