Question: What Does A Trump Impeachment Look Like?

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Oh, sweet summer child. In 2017, you see, angry constituents at House reps' town halls are merely paid protesters shipped in from out of state by some Soros-run human freight service and are to be disregarded. Or, they're supporters who voted for the other party and thus are not worthy of representation. In this way, all disheartened voters can be safely ignored. Actually, we may as well lock the doors to representative's offices and cancel any town halls, since answering to voters is so clearly a waste of time.
You jest, but when I called and emailed Sessions regarding SOPA I got a form email response that essentially told me I didn't understand the issue enough to have my input considered and he was voting for it anyways.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Oh, sweet summer child. In 2017, you see, angry constituents at House reps' town halls are merely paid protesters shipped in from out of state by some Soros-run human freight service and are to be disregarded. Or, they're supporters who voted for the other party and thus are not worthy of representation. In this way, all disheartened voters can be safely ignored. Actually, we may as well lock the doors to representative's offices and cancel any town halls, since answering to voters is so clearly a waste of time.
Hey

I plan on going to the Science March and the Tax March, know where I can get paid for it? I mean I keep hearing about paid protesting and since I'm going anyway....

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
You jest, but when I called and emailed Sessions regarding SOPA I got a form email response that essentially told me I didn't understand the issue enough to have my input considered and he was voting for it anyways.
Did that admonishment include a patronizing pat on the head?

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Hey

I plan on going to the Science March and the Tax March, know where I can get paid for it? I mean I keep hearing about paid protesting and since I'm going anyway....
I'm not sure, but I'd ask Chaffetz. He seems to know a lot about this paid protester thing.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I'm not sure, but I'd ask Chaffetz. He seems to know a lot about this paid protester thing.
Yes, I think if that were the case and Chaffetz had hard evidence someone was paying protestors he would be showing proof. Now if they are drawing unemployment in Alabama, they could technically be guilty of fraud since you must be available to work in order to draw. Event that is a stretch. I think it's fine to protest as long as it's done in a legal manner. With Trump's apparently thin skin, I would assume he would rent the venue with personal money so that he could enact some kind of event crowd control.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The things that got Nixon impeached, such as the Dirty Tricks squad, were shocking at the time, but are considered par for the course now.
The part that was particularly egregious (but hardly unexpected) was the simultaneous sleuthing of the Church Committee investigating the excesses of the intelligence committee. The whole thing with Watergate was "we have to be transparent, we have to have public hearings" - but the moment they found them Kennedy boys up to their armpits in trying to murder foreign leaders all of a sudden they channeled Emily Litella ("nevuh mind!").

But yeah by the so-called innocent standards of 1972, Nixon was worse than spit on the bottom of the shoe....worse stuff happens all the time now (most particularly Iran-Contra) and it doesn't even raise a yawn because we're all used to it and expect it. Strangely enough, despite knowing Nixon's henchmen (if not Nixon himself) was behind Watergate, he still won in a colossal rout. And more than one reporter of the time has said he would have won by even more had half the country not stayed home in disgust. (Sound familiar?)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yeah, I'm still waiting on my protest at the airport check too
The check is in the mail, Jon, but they labeled yours with a religious donation envelope so you wouldn't open it and a year from now they can keep the money.

:)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Bottom line: Short of Trump murdering a host of American born citizen innocents on live television he will never be impeached.
Depending on who his victims were would probably dictate whether or not impeachment proceedings went forward then as well. Hollywood/Wall Street elitists, long-term politicians (both sides), leaders of agitation groups...

I see all kinds of win there if he moves forward with it. ;)

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/02/donald-trump-impeachable-offense

President Donald Trump’s first month in office has been dogged by one misstep after another—botched executive orders and attacks on the judiciary, punctuated by bizarre, and often inappropriate, boasting about the size of his electoral victory and inauguration crowd. He has done little to address the cavalcade of scandals that have already become a defining feature of his presidency, from the shadow of intrigue hanging over his campaign’s dealings with Russia to his undiplomatic threats against U.S. allies, derailing any momentum on his inchoate legislative agenda. There’s an inquiry into his ownership of the Trump International Hotel just down Pennsylvania Avenue, a call to discipline his counselor Kellyanne Conway for giving his daughter Ivanka’s brand a “free commercial” on Fox News, and an investigation underway about whether or not there’s enough security in place at Mar-a-Lago after the president decided to review national-security documents on a terrace at the Palm Beach resort last weekend in plain view of prying dinner guests.

Still, there is some good news for Trump and his personal brand, if not for his already embattled administration. According to ABC News, Trump received a big, fat gift from China this week in the form of a 10-year trademark on his name for construction.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
At this point, I've seen nothing specific he'd need to resign over.

Y'all wanna know the irony?

He'd have still won had this been known. Seriously. Real life is NOT like Hollywood - if the election is not within 72 hours of the thundering gaffe, it doesn't matter. The people had a choice between two NY liberals and chose the one with the smaller hands and bigger mouth..
I was just making a comment on a message board, hopefully giving the impression that I did not think impeachment was likely at all, while also highlighting Trump's usual petulant behavior.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
China's removal of the "Trump" copyright from Mr. Wei and granting it to Trump, after his ten year fight and after his reaffirmation of the "One China" doctrine, is a clear emolument, worth millions, if not billions...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
China's removal of the "Trump" copyright from Mr. Wei and granting it to Trump, after his ten year fight and after his reaffirmation of the "One China" doctrine, is a clear emolument, worth millions, if not billions...
I agree and am prepared to thank China for it

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I'm sure Congress will get right on that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.