Alabama's director of football operations leaving program

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Key part in that article:

Dickens was hired in 2015, filling the role vacated by Joe Pannunzio.
Talk of Pannunzio's return started up last week. Dickens' name is already off the website, so I have to wonder if this is a mutual decision.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I've heard the same thing. Will Pannunzio also coach TE?
No clue. I just find his replacement leaving a week after word of his possible returning picks up to be a little curious.

If Pannunzio does come back for Director of Football Ops, he won't be doing any on the field coaching, though.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this position mainly work with and help coordinate recruiting?
Yes and no. This position does a LOT of work behind the scenes. It does a lot with recruiting, but it also handles travel and logistics. So in the past few years it has involved a lot after the regular season as well. And most importantly he is responsible for carrying the block letter with the opposing team's logo that the players sign after the game. :cool2:

Last edited:

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
At Alabama this is an important but highly irritating job. Almost all behind the scenes. A little like long-snapper -- you should never hear his name/number called because if it is, it probably means something went wrong. But very little recognition or credit for doing a difficult job right.

If there were issues, most folks, maybe even inside the program, would be unlikely to know. But those issues could be very troublesome. It might be equally likely that this is the type of job that has a sort of built-in expiration date -- fun and exciting at first, then gets to be a bit of drudgery, and then finally you find yourself saying "there's got to be a better way to get money".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.