How Sean Spicer Is Shaking Up the White House Press Briefing - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: How Sean Spicer Is Shaking Up the White House Press Briefing

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Trump enlarged the media area for press briefings so more media could have access plus they are now utilizing Skype.

Regardless of who is called upon to ask questions - he's made the event more inclusive.
    LOL! Were you watching today to hear "I want to find a friendly reporter?"
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    LOL! Were you watching today to hear "I want to find a friendly reporter?"

LOL....yeah that was good! Gotta have a decent sense of humor to have that job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    LOL, he adds more favorable people to the room and then only takes questions from them, this is being more inclusive

Who has he not taken questions from?

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Did any of you click on the link I provided and actually read the whole article?
    Click? Read? Who the heck do you think we are? I have no problem with other news groups being called on. I kinda like the Skype setup.

Does seem like Trump and Spicer tend to avoid people that might ask hard questions.

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Who has he not taken questions from?
    CNN. New York Times. Reuters. ABC News. From the picture in your link.

Is it true that your cattle dogs got to ask a question on Skype?

Today, at his new conference, Trump called on CNN several times.
    Last edited by seebell; February 16th, 2017 at 06:21 PM.

Article Re: How Sean Spicer Is Shaking Up the White House Press Briefing

Quote Originally Posted by seebell View Post
    Click? Read? Who the heck do you think we are? I have no problem with other news groups being called on. I kinda like the Skype setup.

Does seem like Trump and Spicer tend to avoid people that might ask hard questions.
    CNN. New York Times. Reuters. ABC News. From the picture in your link.

Is it true that your cattle dogs got to ask a question on Skype?

Today, at his new conference, Trump called on CNN several times.
    At the bottom of that article there is a chart comparing the first 3 briefings of Gibbs in 2009 and Spicer in 2017 - and which media was called on for questions. In the Gibbs 3 briefings the usual big ones were called on for all 3 times....but for Spicer, there was much more variety for all 3.

In fact, the second briefing by Spicer included 2 of the 4 you pointed out: Reuters and ABC News.

Today Trump himself came out for some 75 minutes and took questions from a lot (I think it was reported 17 different media organizations) and whether or not you agree with how he answered those questions - he made himself available - so there's that.

And as I have said before - I'm not on board with some of the ways Trump is handling himself. For example....IMHO, he appears to be way too thin-skinned and needs to knock off the talk about Hillary, electoral college, previous administrations, etc. etc. The election is over...he won...move on.

And one more thing. There are some media people who don't like the man and never will like the man and for the next 4 years I don't expect them to do anything but try to discredit the man.

He really needs to just ignore those types. I really don't know if he can, but I have no problem waiting to see if he can.

And regarding the girls using Skype to ask the president questions....they were too busy watching re-runs of their favorite show from down under....

I think draining the swap also applies to stupid reporters also. Both left and right wing.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bama2112 View Post
    I think draining the swap also applies to stupid reporters also. Both left and right wing.
    If you think there's any swamp draining going on other than efforts to destoy the environment I have some swampland to sell you.

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    If you think there's any swamp draining going on other than efforts to destoy the environment I have some swampland to sell you.
    pre-drained, i presume
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

I can definitely understand not taking any questions from organizations that were actively cheating on debate questions with the opposing party during the election. That seem to prove they are not news agency but rather political support groups.

Quote Originally Posted by bama_wayne1 View Post
    I can definitely understand not taking any questions from organizations that were actively cheating on debate questions with the opposing party during the election. That seem to prove they are not news agency but rather political support groups.

The thing is.....the media is not who dictates the direction of our country....(although many of them think they do).

As Bill/Selma pointed out in the other thread.....public opinion of the media is very very low right now.

I appreciate the fact that our new president is reacting to this and trying to effect change in our behalf.