How Sean Spicer Is Shaking Up the White House Press Briefing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How Sean Spicer Is Shaking Up the White House Press Briefing

Very interesting article by the NYT on how things are being handled differently with the daily WH briefings.....

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-briefing.html

2. Advertisement

Re: How Sean Spicer Is Shaking Up the White House Press Briefing

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Interesting article by the NYT on how things are being handled differently with the daily WH briefings.....

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-briefing.html
    you know his boss is now only taking questions from far right media? Three press sessions in a row and he is only taking questions from Breitbart and other right wing flag bearers. What a wimp this strong leader is
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    you know his boss is now only taking questions from far right media? Three press sessions in a row and he is only taking questions from Breitbart and other right wing flag bearers. What a wimp this strong leader is
    jim hoft, the stupidest man on the internet, has wh press credentials
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    jim hoft, the stupidest man on the internet, has wh press credentials
    Alex Jones, The Craziest Man on the internet, and friend of Trump claims he was offered the same
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

He promised us winning. He can't win if he has to answer questions from people not in his pocket.

Did any of you click on the link I provided and actually read the whole article?

In reality....liberals would be perfectly OK if all questions came solely from liberal media.

Just as conservatives would be perfectly OK if all questions came from conservative media.

The article I linked shows that ALL factions are now being represented.....liberal....conservative....but more importantly....those who have traditionally been disenfranchised....regardless of their political leanings.

This is refreshing and is why Trump was so popular - he is changing the politically poisoned culture in Washington little by little....

From the article:

QUOTE:

Who Gets Called On First

In the past, White House press secretaries tended to prioritize the reporters sitting in the first two rows.

They would give the first question to The Associated Press (after decades of starting with Helen Thomas, long known as the dean of the White House press corps). Then it was on to the major networks, newspapers and other wire services.

Mr. Spicer has bypassed this convention.

As he goes around the room, Mr. Spicer typically calls on media organizations outside the mainstream before getting to more traditional news outlets.

“There are voices and issues that the mainstream media sometimes doesn’t capture, and it’s important for those issues to get as much prominence as some of the mainstream ones,”

END QUOTE

Did any of you click on the link I provided and actually read the whole article?

But yes.

This is refreshing and is why Trump was so popular - he is changing the politically poisoned culture in Washington little by little....
    At least you can admit he's not popular now.

no, but I've watched Spicey enough to know how he operates. Takes a few softballs from Breitbart and the other sycophants on the right and then lies to real journalists and gets agitated. Might be refreshing to you to see your people finally getting acknowledged, to me it just shows more and more how chicken.... this entire administration is and how much they can't handle the real world.

no, but I've watched Spicey enough to know how he operates. Takes a few softballs from Breitbart and the other sycophants on the right and then lies to real journalists and gets agitated. Might be refreshing to you to see your people finally getting acknowledged, to me it just shows more and more how chicken.... this entire administration is and how much they can't handle the real world.
    i'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept that brietbart has somehow been "disenfranchised"

its hard out there for white nationalists
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Trump enlarged the media area for press briefings so more media could have access plus they are now utilizing Skype.

Regardless of who is called upon to ask questions - he's made the event more inclusive.

Trump enlarged the media area for press briefings so more media could have access plus they are now utilizing Skype.

Regardless of who is called upon to ask questions - he's made the event more inclusive.
    LOL, he adds more favorable people to the room and then only takes questions from them, this is being more inclusive