Report: Freddie Roach Leaving Alabama to Become Ole Miss DL Coach

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Suttles tweeted it first, and now Bruce Feldman tweeting it.

Freddie has served as the Director of Player Development for Bama.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Saban has encouraged people to leave and get some experience before coming back to Alabama. I wouldn't be shocked to see Roach as DC sometime in next two years.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Freddie loves Alabama, but he knew he might have to leave. But he will most definitely be back if given the opportunity. RTR Freddie!

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Saban has encouraged people to leave and get some experience before coming back to Alabama. I wouldn't be shocked to see Roach as DC sometime in next two years.
I hope he gets a chance to come back, but it will probably be as an on field position coach before as a DC.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I hate that Freddie is leaving Alabama, but, I'm proud to see his coaching career expand..I love having former Player's on our Coaching Staff & hope we see more of it in the future..

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
He was friends with my wife in high school. She has an extremely high opinion of him. Apparently, he has always been a super nice and down to earth person.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Freddie Roach was hands down the best MLB I played against in HS. He also took a KO to the house against us too. (His brother was a better football player though. Blew a shoulder out when came to Bama as a WR).

Glad to see he's getting a big time shot.

One more FR story- we played them in the regional finals @ Wallace St in basketball. The ball hit off the back of the rim and bounced to about the top line of the center square. FR jumped up, palmed it, and dunked it. It was freaking amazing. He was a great athlete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
FR best be careful or he will get caught up in that mess at Ol Miss and when Hugh Freeze gets run off then FR will be without a job and on his resume will have 'coached at Ol Miss' .

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Great for Freddie!! Could not be happier for him. Just hate to think of one of our guys going anywhere near that place and the people associated with it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.