Top Ten Trick Plays of College Football

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
#6- the Michigan State fake FG in OT against ND was in a late game of the third week in 2010. My brother spends the first 2-3 weeks of each season in Vegas and it was the last game of a seven game parlay in which he had MSU to win and had picked the first six games correctly. The ticket was for $250 paying 75 to 1! He still proudly carries in his wallet the $500 losing ticket he placed on ND as a hedge bet.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
What about the one where one of your receivers tackles two defenders coming off the line while your other receiver catches passes and the ref ignores it twice in 60 minutes on 2 touchdown plays in a National Championship game ...oh, you win by less than a touchdown? That is a pretty good trick play!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
To me the two best of those I watched were the Boise State two plays against Oklahoma....and Michigan State faking the field goal.
From an execution standpoint the Boise State Statue of Liberty may be the best play ever, but the guttiest was the fake field goal.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I agree Sip!

I also liked that fumble one - where the center just left the ball on the ground and a lineman grabbed it....and scooted into the end zone. Now that was SNEAKY! :biggrin2:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
What about the one where one of your receivers tackles two defenders coming off the line while your other receiver catches passes and the ref ignores it twice in 60 minutes on 2 touchdown plays in a National Championship game ...oh, you win by less than a touchdown? That is a pretty good trick play!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
To me the two best of those I watched were the Boise State two plays against Oklahoma....and Michigan State faking the field goal.
From an execution standpoint the Boise State Statue of Liberty may be the best play ever, but the guttiest was the fake field goal.
I may be wrong but I think the fumblerooski is illegal now. Not sure. I could google it but I'm worn out and ready to snooze.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I may be wrong but I think the fumblerooski is illegal now. Not sure. I could google it but I'm worn out and ready to snooze.

You're correct.

It was banned after the 1992 season. Nebraska torched Miami for a TD for it in the 84 Orange Bowl, and Oklahoma kept themselves alive in the 1988 Orange before losing to Miami.

One of my favorites at the time and now is the Puntrooskie that FSU beat Clemson with in 1988. I only saw about the last eight minutes of that game, but I saw all that mattered.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
But personally - since their players wouldn't even come out and admit it was luck (because it was a designed play)....ya gotta love the 2013 Prayer at Jordan-Hare, proof that faith and superior ability will ALWAYS work out in the end. That HAD to be a TRICK play since none of those guys seemed willing to say "wow, we just plain got lucky."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.