Trent Richardson Arrested in Hoover for Domestic Violence

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
That being said, image is everything and it certainly won't look good on his resume if he is trying to get a job next fall. I mean, if you are an owner, do you want to open the paper and see "Team X signs former Heisman winner that has been a big flop who just got arrested for hitting a woman", along with all the editorials about domestic violence? Christine Brennan probably already has an article ready to go whenever a team signs someone like him.
TR didn't win the Heisman.

And there's about a 99.99% chance his NFL career was over before this.

Part of me feels sorry for him, part of me just SMH - to be given that much and to squander it with bad decision after bad decision, just stupid. So many people would love to have the opportunity to thrive like that, and he just flushed it away.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
TR didn't win the Heisman.

And there's about a 99.99% chance his NFL career was over before this.

Part of me feels sorry for him, part of me just SMH - to be given that much and to squander it with bad decision after bad decision, just stupid. So many people would love to have the opportunity to thrive like that, and he just flushed it away.
Oops. I get him and Ingram mixed up a lot.

I agree his career was pretty much over. I hate his buddies wasted his money, but that is his own fault. I guess he imagined himself as an NFL superstar with a posse following him around. Too bad he didn't know posses don't work for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Oops. I get him and Ingram mixed up a lot.

I agree his career was pretty much over. I hate his buddies wasted his money, but that is his own fault. I guess he imagined himself as an NFL superstar with a posse following him around. Too bad he didn't know posses don't work for free.

Awful hard to break free from the crew (and family!) who stood by you all those years. Not saying he shouldn't have - just saying it's a hard thing to do. I don't know if I would be that strong.

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
Awful hard to break free from the crew (and family!) who stood by you all those years. Not saying he shouldn't have - just saying it's a hard thing to do. I don't know if I would be that strong.
Agreed. I don't recall any details about Trent's childhood, but if he didn't grow up with money, it'd be even more difficult.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Agreed. I don't recall any details about Trent's childhood, but if he didn't grow up with money, it'd be even more difficult.

He certainly didn't grow up with money. Not sure how hard he grew up, but he sure wasn't privileged. His daughters' mother come from a successful pro wrestling family, but not sure how much money actually made it in that direction.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
He certainly didn't grow up with money. Not sure how hard he grew up, but he sure wasn't privileged. His daughters' mother come from a successful pro wrestling family, but not sure how much money actually made it in that direction.
Definition of privilege

a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.
"education is a right, not a privilege"
I've been poor. I've been middle class. I have never hit a woman. It has zero to do with privilege.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Definition of privilege

I've been poor. I've been middle class. I have never hit a woman. It has zero to do with privilege.
Wasn't talking about the violence at all - was referring to the money issues. And while there is never a legal or moral excuse for hitting a woman, if you grow in a world where physical violence among both men and women is common, no easy habit to break.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
For those that haven't seen the ESPN 30 for 30 "Broke," do yourself a favor and watch it. This is a part of it, and the show does a great job showing how athletes struggle getting away from the people back home wanting to take advantage of the player's success.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Boy, did I miss it on this guy.

Of all the backs we've had during the Dynasty - Ingram, Trent, Lacy, Yeldon, Henry, and now Bo (too early to know).....I thought Trent was individually the most talented of the bunch, the most natural athlete, and the one that was going to go to the NFL and - with the right team - be the next Shaun Alexander or a cut below Emmitt Smith. I really did.

I thought Ingram (who I adore) was a tad bit overrated and won the Heisman more because we were unbeaten, he had the Heisman moment everyone saw, and Alabama had never won one. In all honesty, Toby Gearhardt probably should have won it that year. It was - to my mind - the case of "skill position player who plays for national championship contender on big name team" rather than "best stats" or "best player." And no hate mail because I adore this guy and love his spunk and effort. But I thought Trent was a MUCH better runner than Mark.

I thought Lacy was going to basically do what Trent did and on weight-related issues. He has had some, but he's still there. I think Yeldon is too small and Drake is probably fragile for the NFL game.

I think Henry - if given a chance - could be the best, but I also thought his Heisman which was indisputable in my book was also the product of circumstance. Trent was hurt in his Heisman campaign because Lacy himself rushed for 600 yards. Drake's injury put more pressure on Henry, and the guy responded like a champ.

But it just makes me sick. You look at that body on Trent and what looked like such awesome vision in college.....and it seems a waste.

Remember - he didn't run behind the 2012 O-line with that extra year of experience like Lacy/Yeldon did.

I could swear I read somewhere that one of Trent's problems was that at Alabama it was an imposed discipline in the program - you be here at this time, you be there then, etc.....but you don't have that in the NFL. YOU work out on your own, etc.

I think he's done as a pro, and it's such a waste of talent. And I hope this is more a product of misunderstanding, but I suspect I'm hoping in vain.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Yeldon and Drake are both ideally suited to today's NFL game. If they don't make it, however "make it" is defined - that won't be the reason

Tend to agree. Yeldon had a good rookie season but this past year was often injured..

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
There is the root of the problem. Some things shouldn't being taking place, at the age of 15.

Just think how mature any of us were, at that age.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.