Trent Richardson Arrested in Hoover for Domestic Violence

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Multiple news outlets on twitter reporting...

Hate to hear this...

For everyone involved...
Ditto ... unfortunate situation. Going to make his run at the NFL a bit challenging unfortunately as well with their policy on DV.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
His career has been over. Sad ending to a promising start..
Agreed, but at his age (26) there was still a chance a team (desperate team) could call and give him short term work. If this charge sticks, it would be the proverbial nail in the coffin. DV is one of the hottest and most sensitive issues in the NFL right now. Even if in a bind, no team is going to give him a shot with a DV charge on his record. He's done in the NFL.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I hope Trent has invested well. Anybody know if he got his degree? At 26, he still has a chance to get it together ( teaching? Coaching? ) albeit off the field as a player.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I hope Trent has invested well. Anybody know if he got his degree? At 26, he still has a chance to get it together ( teaching? Coaching? ) albeit off the field as a player.
I think in an interview during one of his "second chance" stops he admitted that he pretty much had squandered the money from his rookie contract. So any money he does have would have to be from the short term deals he's signed after the Browns.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I think in an interview during one of his "second chance" stops he admitted that he pretty much had squandered the money from his rookie contract. So any money he does have would have to be from the short term deals he's signed after the Browns.
That`s what I was afraid of.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
As Buzzard said Trent made a lot of bad financial decisions. He's broke. He assuredly could have worked in some capacity with UA football before this charge. That may not happen now..

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I would strongly suspect that Trent may be at a pivot point in his life. I would also hazard a guess that the person who may be able to provide the best council to Trent at this point may well be CNS. It may be in Trent`s best interest, when he`s able, to call his coach and take a trip to Tuscaloosa for some heart to heart. I don`t personally know Coach Saban, but I just bet he`d be more than willing to sit down with Trent and talk about Trent`s future. Of course, it would be up to Trent to take his advice...or not.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I would strongly suspect that Trent may be at a pivot point in his life. I would also hazard a guess that the person who may be able to provide the best council to Trent at this point may well be CNS. It may be in Trent`s best interest, when he`s able, to call his coach and take a trip to Tuscaloosa for some heart to heart. I don`t personally know Coach Saban, but I just bet he`d be more than willing to sit down with Trent and talk about Trent`s future. Of course, it would be up to Trent to take his advice...or not.
I'm pretty sure that's been tried already. Trent's been to Tuscaloosa multiple times to work out, get in shape and receive council. As you implicated he hasn't taken the advice to heart and it shows in all phases..

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Three thoughts:

1. Agree w/pretty much everything posted.
2. I think it has to be considered that once tried "failed" the first time - a debatable assertion - he was toast. It's just too hard at that position with talented, serviceable young bucks coming out every year.
3. For those of you who follow Birmingham news, when I saw where he was arrested, I was worried there were other charges at hand, but apparently, no.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The article said she had scratches and bruises to her face. So it is possible she attacked him and he was just pushing her away.

That being said, image is everything and it certainly won't look good on his resume if he is trying to get a job next fall. I mean, if you are an owner, do you want to open the paper and see "Team X signs former Heisman winner that has been a big flop who just got arrested for hitting a woman", along with all the editorials about domestic violence? Christine Brennan probably already has an article ready to go whenever a team signs someone like him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.