CoachingSearch.com: Clint Trickett Leaving UA to go to FAU

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That was fast...

Florida Atlantic: A source tells CoachingSearch that Alabama graduate assistant Clint Trickett has joined the FAU staff as tight ends coach. Trickett spent the last two years as East Mississippi CC quarterbacks coach and had recently joined Alabama as a GA.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Sarkisian, Cristobol, Napier, Roach, Dickens (Ops) and now Trickett. I realize that cocaching is a revolving door, but this is strange. Why no defensive coaches?

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Sarkisian, Cristobol, Napier, Roach, Dickens (Ops) and now Trickett. I realize that cocaching is a revolving door, but this is strange. Why no defensive coaches?
Because an inconsistent defense didn't lose the national title game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
All of them were promoted. It is what they should have done and can't blame them for doing it. It's what happens when you have a lot of success.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
So, CNS wanted to clean house on the offensive side of the ball and made no effort to keep any of these coaches and it was easier and less messy, so to speak, than firing them?

Tidal Surge

Scout Team
Dec 17, 2009
Ft Walton Beach
Seems to me there's still a fairly decent chance the 10th coach may not be delayed.

Pushback against delaying 10th college football assistant

"The head of the NCAA's football oversight committee and the leader of the American Football Coaches Association are against delaying until the end of next season the expansion of FBS coaching staffs to 10 members. Bowlsby, chairman of the oversight committee, and Todd Berry, executive director of the AFCA, acknowledged hiring when staffs are typically set could inconvenience some schools. Still, they say it is not worth waiting..." (Read more)

Last edited:

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Because an inconsistent defense didn't lose the national title game.

The only offensive coaches were Sarkisian, Cristobal, Napier and Tricket. SS was promoted to an NFL OC, MC and BN to P5 OC and Tricket from offensive analyst to offensive assistant coach. That offensive staff (sans Tricket) that you are implying was alone responsible for the NC loss sure had a lot of coaches in high demand.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
No one is saying you don't lose or win as anything other than a team.

One poster in this thread indirectly said it. Other threads have also put the blame on the offense and especially the QB.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
One poster in this thread indirectly said it. Other threads have also put the blame on the offense and especially the QB.
I took his comment to mean the offense was the reason the team lost, which is very disputable.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I took his comment to mean the offense was the reason the team lost, which is very disputable.

I must have misunderstood someone's 😊 post. I agree with your implication that the "team" lost the game, a game Bama fans should be grateful to have been in. Sorry if I contributed to any confusion.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.