Bama vs LSU TODAY @ 2:30, Bama a 12.5 pt favourite

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Coach's strategy to put the team up in a hotel and do shoot around this morning seemed to pay dividends. Hope we keep it up - I really like this team.
That was a pretty smart move indeed, plus having the shoot around they normally don't have with 2PM games. I can see this team getting better. It's great to actually see improvement.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Five players in double digits with a couple of others real close.

Let's keep it going Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I'm not gonna like it if Arkansas and Alabama end up tied for 4th in the SEC conference and Arkansas gets the better seeding because of head-to-head. I'm guessing that is how it would work.

This is when I hate not getting a home and home and only playing at their place. Of course, that didn't work out against Auburn.:mad2:

Hope this passing and shooting keeps up. RTR

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Not so fast, my friend. We were 12-4 in 2010-11 and did not dance in a total screw job, and Green, Mitchell, Releford and Co could beat our current crew by 15+ points. I think it will take almost winning out AND doing something unexpectedly good in the SEC-T to make the Selection Show interesting. Sure hope they have something like that in them.
Forgotten how good of a team AG had that year. We sure enough got hosed at tourney time.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'm not gonna like it if Arkansas and Alabama end up tied for 4th in the SEC conference and Arkansas gets the better seeding because of head-to-head. I'm guessing that is how it would work.

This is when I hate not getting a home and home and only playing at their place. Of course, that didn't work out against Auburn.:mad2:

Hope this passing and shooting keeps up. RTR
Unless you want a 26 game conference schedule, that is how it is. Things like that balance out in the long run.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
not not coincidentally, the best shooting that we've seen in awhile happened in the game with the best ball movement by far that I've seen Alabama have this year

Now a lot of it was due to the LSU defense, but at least it was nice to see that we have the capability to be that fluid and efficient on offense

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
not not coincidentally, the best shooting that we've seen in awhile happened in the game with the best ball movement by far that I've seen Alabama have this year

Now a lot of it was due to the LSU defense, but at least it was nice to see that we have the capability to be that fluid and efficient on offense
The players moved better and positioned themselves better to along with the sharper passing. The big guys caught the ball and passed with few turnovers.

Bama had a few flashes of this earlier in the season; the first half at Texas comes to mind. I think at that time the ball movement was related more to who was on the court at a given time. I hope the teams keeps it up as UGA comes to town.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Can someone explain to me why Tennessee is in the tournament yet Bama doesn't even get mentioned as a bubble team? RPI?

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i'm trying to figure out the same. Now i dont think Bama should be in the convo either but some brackets have them as a first four out but i'll take it!!! But Tenn has a poor record against decent teams, an awful record vs good teams and has that one really good win vs Kentucky. But now that i think about it i guess that win over Kentucky does give thema slight advantage overall over our resume...Better win than us over USCe. We both also beat Vandy IIRC

Last edited:

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Can someone explain to me why Tennessee is in the tournament yet Bama doesn't even get mentioned as a bubble team? RPI?

Strength of Schedule and right now Tennessee is 6-3 versus teams ranked 51-100, while we are 2-4 versus teams ranked 51-100. If we win out, it will start to even up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.