Deshaun Watson used virtual reality to prepare for blitzes

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
https://uploadvr.com/future-nfl-1st-rounder-deshaun-watson-trained-to-pick-up-blitzes-in-vr/

[FONT=&quot]Clemson coach Dabo Sweeney and Temple coach Matt Rhule both spoke highly of VR, with Rhule even attributing two seasons of 10+ wins to VR’s inclusion in their training program.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“I think the eyes are one of those untrained aspects of football,” he says. “Everybody talks about ‘speed’ and how fast a guy is but it’s also about recognizing plays and structure, and I think instincts can be learned and taught, so that intangible thing becomes tangible.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Recognizing certain plays is something Clemson’s NCAA champion QB Deshaun Watson, who’s projected to be chosen in the first round of the upcoming NFL draft, can attribute to his VR training as he spent 40% of his time in the immersive format learning how to recognize and pick-up blitzes.[/FONT]
Dabo seems to be one step ahead here. This has potential to greatly impact future preparation. Also will be interesting to see how the NCAA views "virtual practice".

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
This is cool stuff. It reminds me of the movie "Demolition Man". I also saw how that one team was using the automated dummies for their tackling. Before long George Jetson will be the head coach of a major college football program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
This is cool stuff. It reminds me of the movie "Demolition Man". I also saw how that one team was using the automated dummies for their tackling. Before long George Jetson will be the head coach of a major college football program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea the Rams used some during their training camp I know but I only seen that one episode so not sure how well they worked.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
My hats off to Dabo & Clemson cause whatever preparations they used for us worked like a champ & we had no answer in stopping their offense when it counted the most..It still stings losing the way we did, but, I can appreciate good football preparation & execution..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.