Russian NVIDIA fanboy murders AMD fan: Nope, not Florida

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Ryzen pricing.

That at is an awesome price point if this processor lives up to expectations. Intel's price gouging on their high end line is ridiculous. I look forward to a build with a Ryzen core.
I started to post this earlier. Lisa Su said that Ryzen hit 52% IPC improvement over excavator. The goal was 40%, which would have brought AMD to nearly on par in single threaded workloads. I haven't done any calculations or chased any down but I believe 52% put them a little above Intel in IPC. AMD has usually been strong in multicore and even with the change to a hyperthread type system (as opposed to the CMT modules approach) they should remain strong. They've really improved the front end and word is that at least one board (MSI?) should support 3200mhz DDR4 in dual channel. If so, that is going to help the APU side as well (as will rumored HBM onboard if that proves true). The sweet spot for me is the 1400x. IIRC 2/28 is the end of the embargo on reviews.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I started to post this earlier. Lisa Su said that Ryzen hit 52% IPC improvement over excavator. The goal was 40%, which would have brought AMD to nearly on par in single threaded workloads. I haven't done any calculations or chased any down but I believe 52% put them a little above Intel in IPC. AMD has usually been strong in multicore and even with the change to a hyperthread type system (as opposed to the CMT modules approach) they should remain strong. They've really improved the front end and word is that at least one board (MSI?) should support 3200mhz DDR4 in dual channel. If so, that is going to help the APU side as well (as will rumored HBM onboard if that proves true). The sweet spot for me is the 1400x. IIRC 2/28 is the end of the embargo on reviews.
I'm salivating over the possibility of an 8-core with this kind of performance.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I'm salivating over the possibility of an 8-core with this kind of performance.
I sure understand why, but I've decided shift money to a good SSD (1TB) to improve overall performance and this is going to be a build from scratch so there's nothing to recycle. In addition, I want to build one for myself AND get a larger big screen before football season, but I owe my wife a trip home and a press before anything for myself. I'm figuring a budget now but roughly $1000+/- is a guestimate. It won't be absolute top of the line but it will be more than adequate with room for future upgrades. I haven't looked at cases/power supplies in a while and hope SSD prices drop soon.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.