Taylor strikes out to end the game.

4-8-1 Presbyterian
3-11-1 Bama

Two innings pretty much cost us, Suchey takes the loss

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
This could be the m.o. of this team this year. Gotta play flawless or probably won't win.
Looking that way, but I like the way we look compared to last year that's for sure. We are not going to watch a lot of pitches this year and will run and/or hit and run. I love it.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Another offensively challenged team from the looks of it. Losing this game changed my entire outlook on the series and splitting two 4-3 games then winning one pretty easily over a team that went 28-30 last year in the Big South isn't as encouraging as I'd hoped it would be.

On the other hand, we had baserunners and just couldn't bunch them together enough on Sunday, and that happens in baseball. Hopefully we will do better the next time. The pitching was certainly solid.

rtr

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Another offensively challenged team from the looks of it. Losing this game changed my entire outlook on the series and splitting two 4-3 games then winning one pretty easily over a team that went 28-30 last year in the Big South isn't as encouraging as I'd hoped it would be.

On the other hand, we had baserunners and just couldn't bunch them together enough on Sunday, and that happens in baseball. Hopefully we will do better the next time. The pitching was certainly solid.

rtr
The starting pitching was great I thought. Duarte I thought got down on himself after those few seeing eye singles Sunday, but other than that he was great as the 3rd starter I thought. CGG didn't let any starter go past 5 and the relief pitching I thought looked good minus Suchey's performance. Hopefully he turns it around. Vainer and Sonny Potter looked good early on, just have to hope they stay throwing strikes because they have some good stuff on the back end. I'm also liking the fact we can finally bunt and are swinging at good pitches, so there is improvement at least early on.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
The starting pitching was great I thought. Duarte I thought got down on himself after those few seeing eye singles Sunday, but other than that he was great as the 3rd starter I thought. CGG didn't let any starter go past 5 and the relief pitching I thought looked good minus Suchey's performance. Hopefully he turns it around. Vainer and Sonny Potter looked good early on, just have to hope they stay throwing strikes because they have some good stuff on the back end. I'm also liking the fact we can finally bunt and are swinging at good pitches, so there is improvement at least early on.
Well from my point of view, there is a good bit on the offensive side they have to work on. 1 preseason isn't gonna fix it all. It will take recruiting and shear determination on the staff's part. I am just glad to see there has been improvement made, that in encouraging.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Oh no doubt! We definitely have to hit better and we do have a long way to go. I'm not expecting Omaha here, but you can tell a difference at least early on.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.