Happy 94th birthday to my Mom!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Still independently living in her own home and driving her own car going to social functions and using the Internet and email. Some of you may remember my periodic postings of her brief emails to me after a particular Gator game.

We both live here in NSB. She's on the mainland and I am on the barrier island.

I'm bringing take-out over later tonight for dinner with her. She already bought her own cake...ha ha!

I'm thinking Eggplant and/or Chicken Parm. for dinner.

Couple pics....

This one taken in Oak Hill, FL where we re-located from Norfolk, Va. after my father died and she remarried in 1970. The photo is circa 1972-73. I'm the one sitting, oldest brother and first wife (who lives in Portsmouth, Va.), and my next oldest brother on left, who lives in Lake Worth, FL. You can tell who Mom's fav. is...not just because who she has her hands on...but by my brother's facial expression...lol....

Here's Mom at the WW II Memorial in Washington DC participating in the Honor Flight program May 2012. Mom was in the Navy during WW II.

Always liked this one taken in 1976 when she was visiting West Seattle where she grew up....

Happy Birthday Mom...I love you! :)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
She seems like a great lady. I just wish she had given you better guidance when choosing a favorite football team ;)

Does she like Trump as well?

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Happy birthday to your mom! That she is still doing that well is amazing and awesome. I just wish she had given you a better appreciation for animals ;)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thanks everyone! I'll let Mom know you all said hi when I see her tonight. ;)

And yes, she did vote for Trump!

When you walk into her living room, you'll always see a book or books on her coffee table by Reagan or Bush. :)

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Happy Birthday Bazza Mom. I am sending her some books by Obama. :)

Let me get this straight Bazz, you are the dorky looking guy sitting down?:biggrin:

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Happy Birthday Bazza Mom. I am sending her some books by Obama. :)
Careful there.

Bazza,

It's really awesome that she's still so independent. My grandmother is the same way. Her health is starting to fade a little now but she will still get out and cut grass and pull weeds. Hope she has a great birthday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.