Latest Bama News 2/20/2017 Thru 2/26/2017

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Revamped Staff
rber opWe know it’s been an unusual year of offseason moves for the staff, but this chart really breaks it down — half of Alabama’s coaches were released or reassigned. And, that doesn’t include three other losses in admin and analyst roles. Is Saban gearing up for one more fundamental revamp of the program as he begins the final few campaigns of his career? While it seems so, it’s almost a certainty that this coaching staff will not resemble next year’s: there still seem to be many temporary-type coaches or experiments, not to mention coaches in line for promotions elsewhere (Locksley, Ansley, Werner, perhaps Pruitt come to mind immediately.)
Saban completes reworked Alabama coaching staff after several departures-coachingsearch/rbr
I
n addition, director of player development Freddie Roach became Ole Miss’ defensive line coach, director of football operations Justin Dickens left the program, and graduate assistant Clint Trickett became FAU’s tight ends coach (after only a few weeks on staff).
And, from ESPN comes this:
New England Patriots tight end Martellus Bennett:
"He's a phenomenal coach, one of the best I've been around," Bennett said at the start of the Patriots' playoff run. "Always prepared. Preparation is key. I've been in the league going on my 10th year now, and he's helped me grow as a player tremendously. He's invested in me, and I'm invested in him, and we have a great relationship together."
This sounds more like an imprint of Saban’s early teaching than vice-versa, no? You can’t begin your career with Nick and then work for Bellichik without being supremely detail-oriented. rbr op

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Crootin’
Speaking of Daboll, I have no idea of what to make of the offer to Las Vegas’ Dorian Thompson Robinson. He is very much a dual-threat guy in the mode of Jalen Hurts. It was assumed that Daboll’s presence would bring a return to and expansion of the pro spread Alabama ran in 2015. That may be a premature assessment in light of this early peek at the recruiting plan. rbr op
Thompson-Robinson is the country's No. 55 overall prospect and No. 2 dual-threat quarterback, per the 247Sports composite.
He backed up Ohio State five-star signee Tate Martell over the past two seasons, hitting 21-of-31 passes for 269 yards, three touchdowns and zero interceptions last season. Thompson-Robinson also ran for 171 yards and six scores and shined as a receiver, catching 22 passes for 397 yards and eight touchdowns. He'll play quarterback this season.
Alabama offers first QB since Brian Daboll's reported hire | AL.com

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.