Who Will Have Breakout Season For Alabama And Why?

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I'm not sure who will have their breakout season, but I would love to see Bo healthy and in the Heisman conversation; Calvin have a great year like his freshman year; most of the new "front 7" we have to "break out" so we can be similar to last year; and hopefully our new kicker will start off great and have a successful first year to help his confidence.

So many SEC teams this year seem to have new co-ordinators and other coaches... it will be interesting to see how things turn out for all the teams. Of course, I hope we win the West again for the 4th year in a row too. RTR!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I am getting more excited about DL Quinnen Williams. Looks like he is very well respected and versatile. Here is some more good stuff said about him.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Articl...nen-Williams-looking-to-take-next-st-51564517
Like this comment from Dunbar:

“I mean one day in practice, he went against the tackle, the guard, the center, the other guard and then the tackle in pass rush because we just wanted to see if he could move around, and he has that kind of potential.”

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Looking over the just released roster sometimes a big jump in weight can signal a player has matured physically since they were in the scouting circute. Some possibilities.

I had Tua at 185 but they list him at 215 (as an aside they still have Hurst listed at 205 which is laughable)

Najee Harris and Brian Robinson both clocked in at 225 and 224 respectively. Nice bulk there to add to the mix.

Chadarius Townsend was listed as a RB which surprised me, he's about the size of Kenyan Drake was when he arrived and was also expected to play WR.

Shavers at 6' 6" 202 is an interesting target.

Alex Leatherwood had been listed at 298 but he's on the roster at 327. Dude is big for a freshman.

Unfortunately Alabama doesn't update their rosters consistently. They might get some updates in the fall but I don't think it's 100%. You have to watch media reports for actual info like that.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Looking over the just released roster sometimes a big jump in weight can signal a player has matured physically since they were in the scouting circute. Some possibilities.

I had Tua at 185 but they list him at 215 (as an aside they still have Hurst listed at 205 which is laughable)

Najee Harris and Brian Robinson both clocked in at 225 and 224 respectively. Nice bulk there to add to the mix.

Chadarius Townsend was listed as a RB which surprised me, he's about the size of Kenyan Drake was when he arrived and was also expected to play WR.

Alex Leatherwood had been listed at 298 but he's on the roster at 327. Dude is big for a freshman.

Unfortunately Alabama doesn't update their rosters consistently. They might get some updates in the fall but I don't think it's 100%. You have to watch media reports for actual info like that.

I was surprised with the position for Townsend as well, especially with the amount of depth we have there right now

I've seen the staff is better about doing updates to the existing players right before or after spring practice and not many updates till then. It is sometimes a good way to see who is primed to make a move toward more playing time.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Tua was listed by Rivals at 185 lbs but all the other recruiting services had him at 215 lbs which appears he was during his senior year.

I am excited about Shavers also and I am hopeful he can be a match-up problem like Mike Evans. Our other tall WR's have not quite worked out to date.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

6`6'' 202? That sounds almost stick-like.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.