Governor Tuberville?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/02/tommy_tuberville_reportedly_co.html?platform=hootsuite

I really wasn't sure where to post this. I thought about putting it in the barn megathread or a new post on the football board but decided it fit best here.

All jokes aside, do you think he'd have a chance? With Luther Strange in the Senate, that eliminates him from the race. Unless Roy Moore jumps back in, there won't be a big name in the race

I don't know anything about his politics but I doubt he'd be any better or worse than anybody else that will be running. He'd probably get a lot of barner support but that would be cancelled out by Bama fans voting against him. (It would be the same in reverse if Nick Saban ran). Then you'd have the anti-sports pinheads who think a football coach wouldn't know how to run a state.

I think he could sneak into a runoff if the others split the vote. I'd take him over Moore in a heartbeat.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
The guy has only lived in the state for the time he was head coach at the Barn and I am not so sure he could get through a primary with his history of holding fingers up to needle Bama fans during our down time.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I would not vote for him on principle. Why in the world any Alabama fan would ever vote for that bozo is beyond me. This does not apply to all Auburn people, of which there are many wonderful folks. And some of those people might run for governor and I'd vote for them. But this clown? Tubby? Heck no.

If it's him vs. Moore, someone even more detestable, I'd write someone in.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
All jokes aside, do you think he'd have a chance? With Luther Strange in the Senate, that eliminates him from the race. Unless Roy Moore jumps back in, there won't be a big name in the race.
Just wait... There will be a name in the race. Give it some time.

One reason no Alabama fan should vote for Tubs (if he is stupid enough to run) - the governor a member of every state-funded school's BOT. Does anyone want him on the UA system BOT?

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
No way.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article...=170221_175052_Auburn Tigers&utm_content=Link

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Yes, the former Auburn head coach is exploring a run for governor in the state of Alabama in 2018, the coach confirmed to AuburnUndercover. [/FONT]CBS Sports reported Tuesday [FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]that Tuberville is exploring a run and his camp is conducting a poll of 50,000 people to see whether a run for governor would be a smart move for the former college football coach.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Just wait... There will be a name in the race. Give it some time.

One reason no Alabama fan should vote for Tubs (if he is stupid enough to run) - the governor a member of every state-funded school's BOT. Does anyone want him on the UA system BOT?
Good point. Him having to sign off on Saban's heir is a bit bothersome.

But does he have any love for the barn after jet gate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/02/tommy_tuberville_reportedly_co.html?platform=hootsuite

I really wasn't sure where to post this. I thought about putting it in the barn megathread or a new post on the football board but decided it fit best here.

All jokes aside, do you think he'd have a chance? With Luther Strange in the Senate, that eliminates him from the race. Unless Roy Moore jumps back in, there won't be a big name in the race

I don't know anything about his politics but I doubt he'd be any better or worse than anybody else that will be running. He'd probably get a lot of barner support but that would be cancelled out by Bama fans voting against him. (It would be the same in reverse if Nick Saban ran). Then you'd have the anti-sports pinheads who think a football coach wouldn't know how to run a state.

I think he could sneak into a runoff if the others split the vote. I'd take him over Moore in a heartbeat.
No joke. A political analyst on finebaum said both Fob James's son and Yella Fella are considering running as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.