Link: These 7 Alabama Players are the Tide’s Next Wave of Stars

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

It's rare for a true freshman to step in and thrive at Alabama the way that Jalen Hurts and Jonah Williams did in 2016.

But Nick Saban's Bama machine feeds off players who have developed under the radar at practice for a year or two before it's their turn to shine.

Here are seven names to remember for 2017 from folks inside the program.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Continually hearing good things about Quinnen Williams. We need him to step up for depth. Terrell Hall is the real deal and he will help us fill the Williams/Anderson void.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
If A. Jennings is really 275 as the article mentions, I wouldn't be shocked to see him getting moved around a bit and playing both the OLB spot and the edge DE spot depending on the package. that could really help out as we build up more experience on the DL early in the season.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
If A. Jennings is really 275 as the article mentions, I wouldn't be shocked to see him getting moved around a bit and playing both the OLB spot and the edge DE spot depending on the package. that could really help out as we build up more experience on the DL early in the season.
I do believe that we`ll see guys with their hands on the ground, in certain situations, that we might not ordinarily if the depth were a bit different on the D line. Not in any way saying they won`t be effective, on the contrary, that`s what comes with the stockpiling of talent that`s occurred.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Can't wait to see him play. Hope he's the real deal.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I do believe that we`ll see guys with their hands on the ground, in certain situations, that we might not ordinarily if the depth were a bit different on the D line. Not in any way saying they won`t be effective, on the contrary, that`s what comes with the stockpiling of talent that`s occurred.
We've always had our OLB's put their hands down in certain packages. Almost always used two OLBs as DEs in the dime package, and in the nickel about half the time the OLB drops down into a three point stance on the line and one of our quicker DEs like Allen or Pettway has been on the other side of the line. Given depth this year I wonder if we might see A Jennings play some as the quick DE with Hall as the OLB and only have two true DL on the inside. that could be an awesome combo especially since Jennings was in the top 10 LB/RB/TE velocity. It's crazy we are losing 2 first rounders and a second rounder to the NFL and our group in 2017 will be faster and just as big if not bigger.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We've always had our OLB's put their hands down in certain packages. Almost always used two OLBs as DEs in the dime package, and in the nickel about half the time the OLB drops down into a three point stance on the line and one of our quicker DEs like Allen or Pettway has been on the other side of the line. Given depth this year I wonder if we might see A Jennings play some as the quick DE with Hall as the OLB and only have two true DL on the inside. that could be an awesome combo especially since Jennings was in the top 10 LB/RB/TE velocity. It's crazy we are losing 2 first rounders and a second rounder to the NFL and our group in 2017 will be faster and just as big if not bigger.
Because of the depth at the positions, I figure we will use more OLBs as DEs this year than in years past. Not just in certain packages.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Because of the depth at the positions, I figure we will use more OLBs as DEs this year than in years past. Not just in certain packages.
Out of all position groups these are the guys I'd LIKE to see emerge and thrive. Would also be huge if we could develop dependable depth at DT, too.

In all honesty - I want Bo to stay fully healthy for an entire season - he'd be one of the biggest stars in CFB, IMO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.