UGA @ Bama Tonight at 6

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Another game where Coach Johnson had to create energy by extending the defense to start the 2nd half. Bad Bama showed up for the 1st half. A 37 point 2nd half where UGA slowed the ball down the last 7 minutes was not too shabby. Really needed to score on several trips when they could have tied or taken the lead...

ETA: I watched the game recorded and finally caught up live at about a minute to go so I stayed away from this thread till the game was over.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
No way Cajun.. Come on...
Key, Davis were out of gas at the end. He didn't rotate much once he saw them getting gassed. He's trying to guard a 5'10" phenom with guys 7-8" taller and much slower. You've got speed on the bench -- put your shorter guards on him. It's not like the bigger guards were slowing him down.

Yes, they should have shot better, but that wasn't a great coaching clinic tonight.

Yep, the future is bright -- but at least I don't have to sit on pins and needles the last two weeks of the season anymore, wondering if they can get in or not. I've been waiting for so many years to get back into the big dance.....frustrating.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Weird rotation keeping Cooper and Bola on the bench like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who is Cooper?

Olaniyan did another good job of rebounding late in the game but I was scared every time he was fed the ball.

I think Coach Johnson was trying to keep the players in who had somewhat of a hot-hand but some of them may have needed a blow. UGA burned clock when they had the ball during the last quarter of the game. That limited Bama's possessions which probably affected the substitutions (slowed that down as well). I'm okay with the rotation though Bama went cold in the last 3 to 4 minutes.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I think I am glad that my daughters softball practice kept me from following the game. I just saw the score. That first half must have been terrible.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Agree with CAJ "We're just not prepared right now to take the next step." Guess we'll be waiting till next year again..

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I just got in from the game. We simply got screwed by the striped bulldogs. Frazier fouled all night on defense and never got called unless it was a mugging. We got called for everything. We'd make a run and then they would call a foul. So tired of officials deciding games.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I just got in from the game. We simply got screwed by the striped bulldogs. Frazier fouled all night on defense and never got called unless it was a mugging. We got called for everything. We'd make a run and then they would call a foul. So tired of officials deciding games.
I did not see the game and I am sure the officiating was not good as you say. But having said that I think being only 4 for 23 from behind the arc had just a little something to do with the loss. This team plays hard and hustles but they simply can not shoot. That has cost them all year whether it be from behind the arc or from the line, and until we get some guys that can put the ball in the basket we will continue to see losses like this.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Who is Cooper?

Olaniyan did another good job of rebounding late in the game but I was scared every time he was fed the ball.

I think Coach Johnson was trying to keep the players in who had somewhat of a hot-hand but some of them may have needed a blow. UGA burned clock when they had the ball during the last quarter of the game. That limited Bama's possessions which probably affected the substitutions (slowed that down as well). I'm okay with the rotation though Bama went cold in the last 3 to 4 minutes.
Norris. Got my Rileys confused.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Agree with CAJ "We're just not prepared right now to take the next step." Guess we'll be waiting till next year again..
And we all expected to be waiting until next year anyway.

It stinks. It really does. But we have to remember what Avery inherited and what kind of rebuilding job he had.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.