UGA @ Bama Tonight at 6

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I just really can't my feelings on this team. Key is really the only player in the starting rotation that has the ability to get substantially better. The other are pretty much maxed out on the athletic portions of their game. However, every player on this team has a lot more opportunity to improve their strategic basketball skills - like taking care of the ball when passing, getting dirty in the lane to draw fouls, shooting FTs, and rebounding. If we just focused on these finer details of the game we would easily have 3-4 more wins. But I don't really get the feeling that CAJ is coaching hard enough in these areas or is putting together game plans where these elements are the core strategy to getting a win. I wished our players would strive to be complete players and focus on improving the non-glamorious parts of the game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I just really can't my feelings on this team. Key is really the only player in the starting rotation that has the ability to get substantially better. The other are pretty much maxed out on the athletic portions of their game. However, every player on this team has a lot more opportunity to improve their strategic basketball skills - like taking care of the ball when passing, getting dirty in the lane to draw fouls, shooting FTs, and rebounding. If we just focused on these finer details of the game we would easily have 3-4 more wins. But I don't really get the feeling that CAJ is coaching hard enough in these areas or is putting together game plans where these elements are the core strategy to getting a win. I wished our players would strive to be complete players and focus on improving the non-glamorious parts of the game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
you can coach these things all you want but at some point the players are not going to continue to get better at it. If you are a bad player, you arent going to all of a sudden one year become a very good player. sometimes players just remain not so good players. When you are in a power league, you need power league players to compete. we do not have that just yet. You cant coach a player to not shoot an 8 foot airball or make a awful bounce pass directly into the teeth of a zone defense. you can teach technique all you want but you cant teach a player to play faster etc...We have what we have and CAJ has IMO got everything he can out of this team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.