Fernando Bryant fired as head coach 3 weeks after bing hired

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Fernando Bryant fired as head coach 3 weeks after being hired

His wife posted a photo on Instagram three years ago in which Bryant was photographed with his wife and a bottle of liquor was in the photo.
A parent raised concerns and Bryant was let go having never coached a game.
Oh. My. Gosh.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I can't even tell that is a bottle of alcohol. Good grief. I think he will be glad he got away from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Except nobody want's to get fired from their job...
I agree. The photo was the couple in a very respectable setting and the bottle was fairly non-descript. It's not like Fernando & Mrs. Bryant were passed out in a gutter with a bottle in their hands. They appear to have been at a party and someone seems to have given them a bottle of something. I've never understood the whole tea-totalling thing anyway. Jesus' first miracle and all that.
I feel bad for him and hope he finds something better in the near future.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Except nobody want's to get fired from their job...
I agree. But hopefully the publicity will get him another offer. A place like that sounds crazy, I meant he will probably be better off working for a place less crazy.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Jesus and the apostles drank wine, no? Or was it diet coke?
Non alcoholic wine. Jesus taught drinking alcohol was wrong from the King James Bible he carried around.

I actually had a pastor tell me one time the wine Jesus and his disciples drank was "non alcoholic". I asked him "Wouldn't that make it grape juice then?" *long blank stare ensued*

Last edited:

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Non alcoholic wine. Jesus taught drinking alcohol was wrong from the King James Bible he carried around.

I actually had a pastor tell me one time the wine Jesus and his disciples drank was "non alcoholic". I asked him "Wouldn't that make it grape juice then?" *long blank stare ensued*
I've engaged in a few of these type of silly discussions over the years. I've had people tell me that drinking alcohol is immoral. Aside from the lack of documentation to back up such a claim, I added that I guessed virtually everyone up until most recent times was doomed. One's beverage choices throughout most of human history were extremely limited. Anything non-fermented was likely to be contaminated. Or maybe not. Which apostle worked days at the bottled water plant?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I seen this too. I think he'll be better off in the end, this was petty and seems like certain parents had it out for him period.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I agree. The photo was the couple in a very respectable setting and the bottle was fairly non-descript. It's not like Fernando & Mrs. Bryant were passed out in a gutter with a bottle in their hands. They appear to have been at a party and someone seems to have given them a bottle of something. I've never understood the whole tea-totalling thing anyway. Jesus' first miracle and all that.
I feel bad for him and hope he finds something better in the near future.
I heard about this on sports radio. They said The Bryants were at a school fundraiser when that picture was taken(not the school he was hired at). I think the school went overboard. Probably an ulterior motive in there some where. Like the principal's brother will be the new coach.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Have to think there is more to this...
I heard about this on sports radio. They said The Bryants were at a school fundraiser when that picture was taken(not the school he was hired at). I think the school went overboard. Probably an ulterior motive in there some where. Like the principal's brother will be the new coach.
Intelligent people have ulterior motives. That's asking too much of stupid people.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Well, that is what we use for Communion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.