Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This is why Congress shouldn't be able to vote themselves raises and life time pensions.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ct-jesse-jackson-junior-federal-benefits-met-20170222-story.html
Yes, Madison believed that allowing the people to vote on the representatives before any pay raise took effect would suffice (XXIX Amendment).
James Madison never met a Democrat (at least as defined by today's party).
That said, the article says that $100,000 is "workman's comp" not pension. By the way, I would love to see Rep. Tammy Duckworth take this case on. You can't work because you bare bi-polar? I work and I don't have any legs."

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Yes, Madison believed that allowing the people to vote on the representatives before any pay raise took effect would suffice (XXIX Amendment).
James Madison never met a Democrat (at least as defined by today's party).
That said, the article says that $100,000 is "workman's comp" not pension. By the way, I would love to see Rep. Tammy Duckworth take this case on. You can't work because you bare bi-polar? I work and I don't have any legs."
Yep, I do like her. Regardless of her political affiliation, she's got some stones. I love her inquisition of the dude filing for disability because he suffered a slight football injury at VMI or wherever it was. That was just beautiful.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Yep, I do like her. Regardless of her political affiliation, she's got some stones. I love her inquisition of the dude filing for disability because he suffered a slight football injury at VMI or wherever it was. That was just beautiful.
West Point Prep. Football.
Duckworth gave a pummeling to a government contractor (the West Point Prep student) over his Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business status last week, ... She could not believe that the contractor serv[ed] his country while playing football in the West Point Preparatory School – at least enough to warrant winning $500 million in government contracts that should have gone to disadvantaged companies.
Could not have happened at VMI, since a VMI football player is not considered to be in the service. A West Point Prep student is. (That may be a good reason to do away with West Point Prep.)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
That's why we need some other for of tax besides income tax. I was in construction for a while, I guarantee a lot of that money never sees the light of day.
I still don't see why a consumption tax at the register isn't a home run idea for people really interested in everybody paying their "fair share". It captures the cash market better than the income tax filing system we have now. I personally know three guys who run almost completely cash businesses. They report just enough to keep uncle sam off their trail, paying themselves six figures in "salary" via cash. While the rest of us suckers pay their share.

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I still don't see why a consumption tax at the register isn't a home run idea for people really interested in everybody paying their "fair share". It captures the cash market better than the income tax filing system we have now. I personally know three guys who run almost completely cash businesses. They report just enough to keep uncle sam off their trail, paying themselves six figures in "salary" via cash. While the rest of us suckers pay their share.
because without the ability to effect taxation policy what are all the lobbyists going to do?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.