Illegal Salvadoran woman with brain tumor to be deported

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Many churches are more concerned with building mega complexes with coffee bars, gyms, workout facilities, swimming pools, police forces, etc.
I'm quite proud of the fact that our church paid off their building a few years ago - due in large part to the decision to stay in the area and serving the local community instead of doing the 'white flight' bit that most churches in the area have done. Now a vast majority of the offerings go to serving people instead of funding the facilities.

I wish more churches would follow suit - when I visit other churches I'm pretty amazed at the expensive trim work and such that is so common. Lots of money spent on stuff that literally doesn't matter.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I'm quite proud of the fact that our church paid off their building a few years ago - due in large part to the decision to stay in the area and serving the local community instead of doing the 'white flight' bit that most churches in the area have done. Now a vast majority of the offerings go to serving people instead of funding the facilities.

I wish more churches would follow suit - when I visit other churches I'm pretty amazed at the expensive trim work and such that is so common. Lots of money spent on stuff that literally doesn't matter.
Years ago, a friend invited me and my wife to visit Briarwood. We were flabbergasted by the symphony orchestra and ballet troupe, not to mention the Boutwell Auditorium feel of the place.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Imo there's nothing at all wrong with compassion for our fellow man/woman. We must all be compassionate towards others, especially when they are much less fortunate than ourselves. The problem though is that compassion only goes so far. We cannot save the world, nor can we continue to foot the bill for every illegal alien who manages to sneak across our borders. There comes a time when we must say STOP - ENOUGH.
If we don't, the inward flow of illegals and the outward flow of our tax dollars will never cease until they have bankrupted us.
What is cruelty to some can be viewed as self preservation to others, which is always the #1 rule of survival.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Imo there's nothing at all wrong with compassion for our fellow man/woman. We must all be compassionate towards others, especially when they are much less fortunate than ourselves. The problem though is that compassion only goes so far. We cannot save the world, nor can we continue to foot the bill for every illegal alien who manages to sneak across our borders. There comes a time when we must say STOP - ENOUGH.
If we don't, the inward flow of illegals and the outward flow of our tax dollars will never cease until they have bankrupted us.
What is cruelty to some can be viewed as self preservation to others, which is always the #1 rule of survival.
I happen to agree that there is a limit to what we can do and that compassion begins at home.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Immigrant with brain tumor released. Been in detention for 100 days. How's she get to the hospital? Detained before Trumplethinskin became Prez.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry..._58b859efe4b01fc1bde6ae58?wy9bbo0tdln4ivbo6r&

The announcement of Beltran-Hernandez’s imminent release follows a campaign from Amnesty International, which mobilized members across the country to call ICE and ask for her freedom.

“Sara and her family are overjoyed that she will finally be able to be with her loved ones and receive medical care after being unjustly detained for over 400 days,” said Eric Ferrero, a spokesman for Amnesty International USA.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.