Link: Six Teams Who Could Shoot Up in 2017-18

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

Just like Alabama football saw its name immediately rise in the recruiting rankings upon the hiring of Nick Saban several years back, a smaller but similar renaissance has occurred on the basketball side of things with Avery Johnson. The past few years have not been too shabby, but this year’s group is the culmination of all the grunt work the staff has laid down in Tuscaloosa. The gems of the 2017 haul are Sexton and Petty. The former was recently named a McDonald’s All-American while Petty might have the best argument for those that just missed the cut. Add in the high ceiling of Jones, the rim-protecting skills of Smith and the versatility and ball skills in the frontcourt with Reese and it looks like Alabama could be the next to jump in line as a threat to Kentucky and Florida for SEC supremacy.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I'm still excited about this season. If nothing else, I'm wanting to see the young players as well as Davis improve and learn from game experience as much as they can for next season.

I had in my head that Davis came in as a juco with 3 years eligible but I don't think that is right. I think next year is his last.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.