Link: Alabama's newcomers, numbers updated on 2017-18 roster

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Interesting Mack Wilson and Daniel Wright have the same number (3) on the same side of the ball. Guess 1 will be changing after the spring or maybe Daniel Wright will be redshirting. Dylan Moses (LB) and Hootie Jones (DB) are sharing 6 as well.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Interesting Mack Wilson and Daniel Wright have the same number (3) on the same side of the ball. Guess 1 will be changing after the spring or maybe Daniel Wright will be redshirting. Dylan Moses (LB) and Hootie Jones (DB) are sharing 6 as well.
I agree. Looks likethey will be redshirting... but who knows?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't think that there is any chance that Moses will redshirt. He is a 3 year player.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
My thoughts exactly. It's not uncommon for players to change numbers after the spring anyway. I think Derrick Henry did it like 4 times.

yep - they'll typically let the freshmen pick whatever they want to start out with, then they'll have to change if an upperclassman already has that number and is on a unit they'll be playing on. It's also possible some of the upper classmen might be changing and the roster isn't updated yet.

FYI - at rolltide.com the roster still shows Mack Wilson as #30.

also interesting that Chadarius townsend is listed as an RB. I think most had him pegged as a WR or maybe a DB. It'll be interesting to see where he starts once practice gets here.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
yep - they'll typically let the freshmen pick whatever they want to start out with, then they'll have to change if an upperclassman already has that number and is on a unit they'll be playing on. It's also possible some of the upper classmen might be changing and the roster isn't updated yet.

also interesting that Chadarius townsend is listed as an RB. I think most had him pegged as a WR or maybe a DB. It'll be interesting to see where he starts once practice gets here.

I see Townsend listed as WR. But either would fit given he was told he'd be used like Kenyan Drake. He's fast enough and has good open field instinct.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Chadarius said during his recruitment Bama told him they wanted to use him like Drake.

Do the coaches decide who will be redshirting before the season even starts? Even if they have a good idea I think they would leave options open.
They might have an idea of who is going to redshirt, but they wouldn't make a full decision until fall camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree it's not likely he redshirts, but I've come to believe calling someone a 3 year player is not a good bet.
By that I mean the he comes in looking like one, which makes him more likely to see the field as a TF, even if only on ST.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.