Grandfather kills son to protect granddaughter

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I had a cousin who murdered her father (my uncle) on Christmas Day, 1971. She had had at least one of his kids. Let him get big Christmas drunk, took a pillow and put it over his head, and blew it off with a shotgun. Burned the pillow and called the law. In typical 'Old West justice' they ruled it a suicide - but they knew. They also 'knew' the other stuff, so they considered it the only safe form of 'self-defense' back then.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Seems rather extreme.
I tend to agree. I saw the headline and thought he had been molesting here. The article is a little vague about what happened so I don't know exactly what happened. I have a feeling this runs deeper than the son getting mad at a softball game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
In a vacuum, I agree that shooting him for the incident at hand seems a bit much.

But something tells me that this wasn't the first time grandpa witnessed sonny boy flying off the handle.

I'm betting there's a lot more history to this story.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
In a vacuum, I agree that shooting him for the incident at hand seems a bit much.

But something tells me that this wasn't the first time grandpa witnessed sonny boy flying off the handle.

I'm betting there's a lot more history to this story.
Yep I get that sense, too. He beat her the entire way back with Grandma in the car? Bet this wasn't the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.