Well, good news out of the cath lab today...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, good news out of the cath lab today. My artery graft into the LAD was in great shape and my right coronary artery, which has given me trouble and had to be stented, apparently got POed at the competition from the vein graft and opened up, killing the graft. Better news than I could have hoped for... (I realize that some here might not count that as great news.) :D

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
It sounds like great news to me! I'm a member of the 2 stent club. Mine were done 14 years ago and still wide open(as of my last checkup)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It sounds like great news to me! I'm a member of the 2 stent club. Mine were done 14 years ago and still wide open(as of my last checkup)
I had two also. In the LAD, the artery had developed a new blockage below the stent, hence the bypass with the left internal mammary artery down to below the blockage. The Right coronary artery had been stented, but occluded down to 20% flow. After the surgeon grafted around it, using a vein in my leg, the RCA got POed and got into competition. This doesn't always have a good outcome, usually means revision surgery. However, in my case, the RCA opened fully back up and the vein graft just collapsed. Arteries last a lot longer than veins trying to pretend they're arteries...

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Well, good news out of the cath lab today. My artery graft into the LAD was in great shape and my right coronary artery, which has given me trouble and had to be stented, apparently got POed at the competition from the vein graft and opened up, killing the graft. Better news than I could have hoped for... (I realize that some here might not count that as great news.) :D
Hey everybody!! Earle's a catheter cowboy!!

:)

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I doubt anyone here wishes you ill health. I'm glad things are looking up.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
One final item for you other heart patients out there. I started taking vitamin K2 almost a year ago. At the time of the bypass a year ago, my RCA was completely closed. Since then, it has opened back up. K2 governs calcium deposition, keeps it in your bones and out of your arteries. I don't know if it really made the difference, but I intend to keep on taking it...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
One final item for you other heart patients out there. I started taking vitamin K2 almost a year ago. At the time of the bypass a year ago, my RCA was completely closed. Since then, it has opened back up. K2 governs calcium deposition, keeps it in your bones and out of your arteries. I don't know if it really made the difference, but I intend to keep on taking it...
Just a word of caution to those on warfarin (coumadin): Vitamin K counteracts the drug's effects. Consult your provider before using. (I am not expert in the metabolism of it, but the core of it is still vitamin k)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Just a word of caution to those on warfarin (coumadin): Vitamin K counteracts the drug's effects. Consult your provider before using. (I am not expert in the metabolism of it, but the core of it is still vitamin k)
This is correct. Rather than just not using K2 at all, a prothrombin test should be run and the anticoagulant level adjusted accordingly. Both K1 and K2 are antagonistic to all anticoagulants. Here is an NIH article on the benefits of K2 in both bone strength and coronary artery health...

LINK

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.