Link: Coach Johnson on the past, present, and future of the program

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Allowing myself a flight of fancy - as I've seen no evidence during the season that such a path is remotely possible - but wouldn't such an occurrence constitute the most miraculous moment in program history? Dreaming on it can't hurt anything...
It would be pretty close to the 2003-04 run. That team finished the regular season 16-11. Beat UT in Round 1 of the SEC Tourney and ALMOST knocked off the #2 East seed Florida in a close OT game.

So there they are sitting at 17-12 and SOMEHOW get selected to the NCAA big dance as a #8 Seed.

Round 1: Beat #9 seed Southern Illinois 65-64
Round 2: Shock #1 Seed Stanford in HUGE upset 70-67
Sweet 16: Pull of another Big upset beating #5 Seed Syracuse 80-71
Elite 8: Finally fall to #2 Seed Uconn(The Eventual National Champion) 87-71

Final Record of 20-13 yet made it to the Elite 8!!?? Only time we've ever done that. We've had many Sweet 16 Teams that were better than that team. That run was pretty miraculous.

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
I'm still 100% in with coach Avery Johnson! I agree we continue to lose some games that we'd all like to be winning, but if you believe in "the process", which I do, then you have to trust it! I feel coach understands there is work to do and he looks forward to it!

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I'm still 100% in with coach Avery Johnson! I agree we continue to lose some games that we'd all like to be winning, but if you believe in "the process", which I do, then you have to trust it! I feel coach understands there is work to do and he looks forward to it!
Absolutely agree. If you take an objective look at this roster, there is no player you look at and say this kid is an NBA player someday. You can train almost any kid to play defense(which we do well), but shooting is a much more difficult skill to teach. Wimp always said is was more about the Jimmy's and Joe's than the X's and O's. We just have to be patient although I am the 1st to admit my patience is running thin. I just want to see us get to the final 4 before I kick the bucket.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.