Bama vs. Oral Roberts Game 2

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Holcombe hit by a pitch
Logan Carey in to hit for Short
Carey singles to left in his Crimson Tide debut (True Freshman), Holcombe moves to 2nd
Avant hits into a 5-4-3 double play, Holcombe moves to 3rd
Wood hits a RBI double to right center, Holcombe scores, 5-3 ORU
Vance hits a RBI single to center, Wood scores, 5-4 ORU
Alexander grounds out to 3rd (good play by 3rd baseman) to end the inning.

Well now we're back in it, 5-4 ORU

After 7:

5-10-0 ORU
4-11-0 Bama

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Flyout to center (2 pitches, 2 outs for Oz so far)
Walk
Double to left, runners to 2nd and 3rd now

And Coach Goff is back out and this will end the day for Oz.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Oczypok goes 0.2 innings, 1 H, and 1 BB. He is responsible for both runners.

Davis Vainer now in to pitch for Oczypok with 2 on and 1 out.

Strikeout
Intentional walk to load the bases
Flyout to center ends the inning.

Vainer's slider has been nasty so far and as usual for the year so far he has been very solid out of the pen

After 7.5:

5-11-0 ORU
4-11-0 Bama

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Taylor strikes out
Henry flies out to center
Poe strikes out

McCutchen the DH came in (southpaw) and dominated that inning for ORU

After 8:

5-11-0 ORU
4-11-0 Bama

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Vainer back in to pitch the 9th for Bama

Strikeout, runner advances to 1st on the wild pitch
Wild pitch, runner advances to 2nd (7 wild pitches for Bama today)
Flyout to left
Strikeout
Ground out off of Vainer's glove, but luckily Vance recovered quick enough to make the play, 1-4-3 putout ends the inning

Last chance for Bama:

5-11-0 ORU
4-11-0 Bama

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
1.2 IP, 0 H, 1 BB (intentional), 3 K's for Vainer on the day, without a doubt our best reliever so far this season.

Finnerty in to pinch hit for Holcombe
Finnerty grounds out to first, 3-1 on the putout
Camden Bauer in his first at bat as a Bama player, he came in after we pinch hit for Short last inning
Bauer flies out to 2nd
Avant singles to left
Kyle Kaufman in to pinch hit for Wood to avoid the lefty/lefty matchup

And ORU comes in to make a pitching change to set up a righty/righty matchup now

2 out, 1 on for Bama in the bottom of the 9th

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Now Coach Goff comes back and pinch hits for Kaufman, Tanner Devinny in to hit now
Devinny flies the first pitch straight up to 3rd and that ends the game.

It's now final:

5-11-0 ORU
4-12-0 Bama

*We left 7 on base today, and for the first time I disagreed with one of Coach Goff's moves, I thought he left Jake Walters in an inning too long today. I know we're putting pressure on our bullpen but that inning cost us I thought.

Walters also takes the loss and we're now (3-3) on the year and Oral Roberts takes the series after today's win. Well on to tomorrow with Duarte on the mound, hopefully he has the changeup working again...

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
If we can't beat Oral Roberts we are in for a long season. Not taking anything away from them but they are not a sec caliber team. I had hope for this season but it could get ugly.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
From a pitching standpoint, are we missing Dax? Just seems like these guys are not performing like they did last year. Not slamming the current guys, but I have been a Dax fan for a looooong time. He always did well no matter what he coached.

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
The 2nd game this season our catcher has cost us the game. Yes, the official scorer charged our pitchers with 7 WP's but, Poe has got to block some of those. He also chucked one into CF. If my memory is correct, the only game this year we didn't have any passed balls/errors by our catcher was started by DeVinny. He is also the only catcher not to make an error. Defense wins championships so, maybe it is time to see him back there. Kaufman and Poe are hitting better but, right now, we could use some Sr leadership back there.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
The 2nd game this season our catcher has cost us the game. Yes, the official scorer charged our pitchers with 7 WP's but, Poe has got to block some of those. He also chucked one into CF. If my memory is correct, the only game this year we didn't have any passed balls/errors by our catcher was started by DeVinny. He is also the only catcher not to make an error. Defense wins championships so, maybe it is time to see him back there. Kaufman and Poe are hitting better but, right now, we could use some Sr leadership back there.
Since I haven't seen a game, now it makes a little more sense. You can't be weak behind the plate or up the middle. Or anywhere else for that matter in the SEC.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yea I agree not all 7 were wild pitches for sure, I know of 3 at least that could have been blocked but the catcher could not do so. Whoever is the official scorer for us and not that great at all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.